• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I was no fan of McGahan as a coach and that was my understanding at the time of his initial appointment, but that was only for a two year contract. If the Rebels were that unhappy with the appointment why did they then turn around and offer him a contract extension?
i have no idea, just one of many bewildering off field decisions that impacted greatly on field. as i said before its been a clusterf*** from day one.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
1709201184582.png

Well well, looks like a new sponsors logo on our kit? Never even heard oft hem before.

A few EcoTeks online, so not which company it links to.

But regadless, more sponsorship is good for us.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
EcoTek is a type of material used by Dynasty Apparel, the Rebels jersey supplier

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Good on you Lyndsey for fighting back, a passionate bunch of people, very impressive.

Makes sense ARU dropped Union from their name, they've only encouraged and stoked this provincial backstabbing and infighting, complete bunch of fuckwits.

As an aside, was that article proofread? Weird amount of grammar errors.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As was noted in the comments section in the previous article by a former G&GR poster...

Twiggy's "generous" offer wasn't being directed to the ARU, so they would still have maintained the financial liability of carrying five teams which is why it was rejected at the time.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Lyndsey is not fuckin about. Love it.

So far, we've seen limited comms from the Melbourne Rebels "board" (let's continue to use that name for now), but what they've provided has been bang on point. I hope this continues over to actions to help save the Rebels.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
A Team (mostly) named for Saturday, EPS/Academy/Top Ups in italics

Eloff, Dobbins, Pone, Maiava, Smith, Stuart Tualima, Kohan Herbert, Maciu Nabolakasi, Maunder, M Gordon, TBC, Lebron Naea, D Vaihu, Ripley, G Vaihu

Res: Timma Faingannuki, Ottavio Tuipulotu, Liam Chapman, Nick Roostan, Wyatt Ballenger, Xander Iosefo, Moses Poreo, Zac Landsman

Names that are MIA remain Pincus, Hough, and Talataina.

428689654_18424316719011799_5794299757917690139_n.jpg

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
As we are are all aware a senate Enquiry was held into the matter in November 2017:

I assume the statements made under oath at the time were a "true" reflection of the decision:

Senate Enquiry into the matter November 2017
Have read most of that before, really seemed like a fishing expedition with no chance of changing the outcome.

Also a reminder that the real downfall of Super Rugby came from SA and there push for 6 teams, two of whom still continue to be screwed around to this day.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
A Team (mostly) named for Saturday, EPS/Academy/Top Ups in italics

Eloff, Dobbins, Pone, Maiava, Smith, Stuart Tualima, Kohan Herbert, Maciu Nabolakasi, Maunder, M Gordon, TBC, Lebron Naea, D Vaihu, Ripley, G Vaihu

Res: Timma Faingannuki, Ottavio Tuipulotu, Liam Chapman, Nick Roostan, Wyatt Ballenger, Xander Iosefo, Moses Poreo, Zac Landsman

Names that are MIA remain Pincus, Hough, and Talataina.

View attachment 18324
Strong side named, definitely don't seem to be taking the fixture too lightly. Will be interesting to see who the Force name.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have read most of that before, really seemed like a fishing expedition with no chance of changing the outcome.

Also a reminder that the real downfall of Super Rugby came from SA and there push for 6 teams, two of whom still continue to be screwed around to this day.
Most outside Aus thought it was also Aus pushing for 5 teams that was the downfall too! I not sure and not saying either way, but I think you are looking at downfall through yellow tinged glasses?