• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Mitchell back already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Drew Mitchell on brink of extraordinary comeback to Wallabies after amazing recovery

078930-drew-mitchell.jpg

An amazing recovery from injury could see Drew Mitchell back representing Australia in the near future. Source: AP
DREW Mitchell could return for the Wallabies in a matter of weeks after a bizarre recovery from a season-ending ankle injury.
It was thought the Wallabies winger would need surgery and potentially be sidelined for a year after rupturing a tendon against the All Blacks.

But after getting a stability boot taken off this week before a possible operation, Mitchell experienced no pain and he even resumed running.

Scans after the injury at Eden Park revealed the ruptured tendon, but doctors believe it may have been ruptured since the start of the year, when Mitchell re-injured the same ankle he broke last year.

Mitchell subsequently missed most of Super Rugby but made it back for the Waratahs late in the year, and then also returned to the Wallabies side.

"The doctors had a thorough look and now we think I might have ruptured the tendon back in February and this was just a ligament strain around the same site," Mitchell said.

"It's not certain what is providing the support but I am not feeling pain when I run, and it feels good."

If the diagnosis is right, Mitchell returned to full action without the tendon for NSW and the Wallabies and he is now aiming to do the same again.

He is uncertain of a return date for playing, but Mitchell is hopeful of getting back into Wallabies colours in the Rugby Championship, or possibly on the Spring Tour.

"There seems little point in having surgery when it is feeling good, so I am just going get back into training and go from there. I'd rather give it a shot and see how it works out than go straight under the knife and have a lengthy layoff," MItchell said.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
In the movie, he scores the winning try and then has an all singing and dancing Bollywood style wedding to the captain of the Wallaroos.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I had an awful feeling that this thread was going to be about a John Mitchell (Waikato, Darkness, Force, Lions, unemployed coach) comeback.

Then the nightmare fleeting thought was unemployed coach and vacant coaching position at the Waratahs. The thread was opened with a cold sweat in case it was true. After recent decisions from Tahland, even nightmare scenarios like that no longer surprise.

I long for the day when we get to a stage where horror stories like that remain in the realms of fantasy. The Tahs have a lot to do to regain public and tragics confidence.

Thank goodness this thread is not about a comeback to Aust rugby from THAT Mitchell.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
I had an awful feeling that this thread was going to be about a John Mitchell (Waikato, Darkness, Force, Lions, unemployed coach) comeback.

Then the nightmare fleeting thought was unemployed coach and vacant coaching position at the Waratahs. The thread was opened with a cold sweat in case it was true. After recent decisions from Tahland, even nightmare scenarios like that no longer surprise.

I long for the day when we get to a stage where horror stories like that remain in the realms of fantasy. The Tahs have a lot to do to regain public and tragics confidence.

Thank goodness this thread is not about a comeback to Aust rugby from THAT Mitchell.

Is there no truth to the rumour that part of the reason John Mitchell walked away from his Lions contract without a fight is because he and a certain administrator from a club I cannot name have been in discussion about a possible assistant job after The Rugby Championship.

It makes sense you know - Mitchell and Deans have worked together before.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If only Radio would confirm that. According to BPT's column in the SMH today, Radio is trying to get a gig elsewhere. I can only think that is the Tahs.

A perfect storm beckons. Deans, Mitchell and Radio at the Tahs. Cue Hollywood horror movie music.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Is there no truth to the rumour that part of the reason John Mitchell walked away from his Lions contract without a fight is because he and a certain administrator from a club I cannot name have been in discussion about a possible assistant job after The Rugby Championship.

It makes sense you know - Mitchell and Deans have worked together before.
aha..the condemned man has one final wish?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.