• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Mortlock in talks with Japanese club

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

The tone of this article is a bit stupid as Mortlock has every right to go O/S given his age and service to Oz. I think he should probably call it quits. He won't be around for 2011 at this rate and is not getting any younger or better. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) needs to play at 13 for the Brumbies so he can handle the position for Australia - he actually hasn't played there very often at all. Good luck Stirlo..

[http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/mortlock-flies-out-for-talks-in-japan/story-e6frey4i-1225769793889

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
In his latest interview on Fox, he suggested the November tour was the next step and he would make a further decsion in January

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Mutual agreement and how his body is standing means anything is possible

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Spook said:
Isn't he signed for 2010?

Well, technically speaking he is. But does anyone reckon the ARU are going to deny this good and faithful servant a chance to make a motza when he fronts up with his latest medical report together with an offer from a Japanese club for a ridiculous amount. I think it's becoming clear the old codgers (Baxter, Dunning, Mortlock, Sharpe and Waugh) aren't part of Dingo's plans as he can't see them featuring in RWC2011. And I think even Morty's coming to realise it's AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s turn for an extended run at 13 for both the Brumbies and the Wallabies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Does Sam Scott-Young get paid per quote? If I ever need an idiot to produce a quote about anything remotely connected to rugby I know who to call.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I don't agree that Sam Scott-Young is in any way connected to the issue of Stirling Mortlock playing in Japan, or has any current insider knowledge that could pertain to thids case, other than his hilarious QLD/NSW rivalry routine.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Cannot begrudge Mortlock for looking at that option. The way he plays the game, he can't have much left.

Status
Not open for further replies.