• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

My personal request to the Wallabies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He played what was in front of him - the rabble of his own forwards, and big, scary Samoan dudes intent upon separating his head from his body. Perhaps that was "on template" for him?

H

high tower

When our "kicking us out of trouble" game lets us down on Saturday night, Beiber and Cooper get smashed in contact that Gerrard would have gone looking for and absorbed with a smile on his face.
I look forward to the doubting tom dick and harrys finding some other reason for it not working out, than if only we had a guy who kicks the ball 60-70m on the fly and keeps it 10m off the deck so it skids like nobodies business.
Perfect dress rehearsal for NZ in August/September missed.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
When our "kicking us out of trouble" game lets us down on Saturday night, Beiber and Cooper get smashed in contact that Gerrard would have gone looking for and absorbed with a smile on his face.

Yes because Gerrard just revelled in the contact of the Samoans on Sunday. Unlike Beale who just put up the white flag the minute he came on...

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
No saying Gerrard was great - just that he could have been used better. No point playing him unless you have a "kick it back" strategy. And, come to think of it, it's not a strategy that Robbie ever employs.

H

high tower

Yes because Gerrard just revelled in the contact of the Samoans on Sunday. Unlike Beale who just put up the white flag the minute he came on...
Beale I dont believe i mentioned him, Gerrard like McCabe has innate sense to run straight and i didnt notice him shying away from it against the Samoans.
Genia, Cooper, JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale will all kick the leather off it tomorrow night, how well it goes we will see.
Anything will be better than the aimless high balls AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) employed in 2008/9 when he was running it back from 15.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
In light of the kicking whoops the Wallabies have been experiencing, I felt this thread needed resurrecting. Elfster your letter is just as relevant this year as two years ago. :rolleyes:

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Despite criticism of Kurtley Beale's moulded-stud boots causing his slip-kick to win at Suncorp, however, O'Connor said he would also continue to wear them, and not metal studs, on Etihad Stadium.

"The surface wasn't great (in Brisbane) but for me, I always wear mouldeds," O'Connor said.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wallabies-five-eighth-james-oconnor-seeks-advice-from-hawthorn-afl-star-lance-buddy-franklin/story-fn5k35fo-1226669940412#ixzz2XOP6dXHN

"The surface (of my hair)wasn't great (in Brisbane) but for me,I always wear it moulded," O'Connor said.
must have been a typo:p

Status
Not open for further replies.