• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Registration Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hopefully the concept of the national day will continue in next year. That way there can be better organisation for those that think it could have been done better.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I haven't suddenly aged 20 years Bruce but that about made my day too.

That's one of the weirdest things about writing satire, Cutter, no matter how many absurdities you cram into a piece some people are always going to take what you write literally.

I was thinking about RugbyReg's response yesterday and it brought into clear focus two things:

• I could not imagine a Sydneysider responding with such outrage. We're not truly tribal; we're not New South Welshmen first and Australians second; in a very real sense we just don't care enough. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it's a fact.
  • RR was able to present information on some real initiatives being taken up north. I doubt there would be as much to boast about in Sydney.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
yep, stats show the same. Jnr Rugby is one of the safest sports going around and you are right, suckerforred, we need to keep pushing that message.
RugbyReg (or anyone) can you point me in the direction of those stats there are a few mums I'd like to send that to.
Not my wife, she's pushing my son out the door to start playing rugby. I explained he can't start yet. 'Why not?' She asks. 'umm, he's 2 years old.' I reply.

DownsSupporter

Frank Nicholson (4)
RugbyReg (or anyone) can you point me in the direction of those stats there are a few mums I'd like to send that to.
Not my wife, she's pushing my son out the door to start playing rugby. I explained he can't start yet. 'Why not?' She asks. 'umm, he's 2 years old.' I reply.

Saw this on the Wests Bulldogs web site in Brisbane:
Wests Juniors cater for boys aged from 5 to 18 years and girls aged 5 to 12 years. We also have a “Puppy Pack” for children aged 3 and 4 years old. Training is on Friday evenings and games on Saturdays and Sundays

Maybe you could find a Sydney club as proactive and you would only have to wait a year until junior starts

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Saw this on the Wests Bulldogs web site in Brisbane:
Wests Juniors cater for boys aged from 5 to 18 years and girls aged 5 to 12 years. We also have a “Puppy Pack” for children aged 3 and 4 years old. Training is on Friday evenings and games on Saturdays and Sundays

Maybe you could find a Sydney club as proactive and you would only have to wait a year until junior starts

I love the puppy pack. That is just great. I am guessing they run a bar there as well and so make some money that way as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.