• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Another pic, altogether with the trophy: (instagrammed)

The trophy looks like an old skool telephone!

CQOJUzh.jpg

This is where the ARU should have had greater influence over the team colours ensuring teams didn't clash, the similarities between Sydney Stars-Perth Spirit and Brisbane City-NSW Country is ridiculous.

Central Coast Rays take the cake for the ugliest jersey by a mile.

Sydney Stars despite clashing with Perth is probably the best looking jersey.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I like the concept of the NRC "Emerging" or development squads.

For too long we have relied on the various (and very selective) centrally administered Koala clubs around the place to do the developmental heavy lifting once players left the School 1st XV environment.

Not only with this help with player development, but coach (and assistant coach & S&C coach) development. Ultimately this will generate more depth and quality at Shute Shield level, and higher.

I reckon that there will be increased competition for slots in the U20 Jnr RWC squad, and the players will be better prepared for Jnr RWC with more tough matches and higher level training behind them.

Hopefully they formalise it, as well as somehow weaving the Junior Gold Cup U15 and U17 squads under the NRC umbrella.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Video of today's unveiling. And there will be away jerseys!

Only a few teams........

Apparently the Rams are the ONLY team of the 5 yellow/gold/orange lot to pay for an away kit.........

Asics have only covered each team with one jersey, and a training shirt.........

Teams had to pay for their own away jerseys.........

Apparently none of the 5 teams sporting yellow/gold would budge when it came to colour scheme.........

T

Train Without a Station

I can't believe they had to pay the design costs. If I rang up Kooga/BLK they'd throw together a design and quote for supplying me at no charge.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Looking at the broadcast games, it seems that the Rays and the Vikings are the winners on that front so far, appearing 3 times each by my count, with Brisbane, the Rams & the Rising appearing twice and the rest once.

Though they haven't announced the TV game for the last round yet - but can't see it being the NSW Country v Perth game as that's in Dubbo, and it won't be Brisbane v Vikings game as that's the curtain raiser for the Bledisloe. Reckon it'd likely be the Stars v Rays game.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Looking at the broadcast games, it seems that the Rays and the Vikings are the winners on that front so far, appearing 3 times each by my count, with Brisbane, the Rams & the Rising appearing twice and the rest once.

Though they haven't announced the TV game for the last round yet - but can't see it being the NSW Country v Perth game as that's in Dubbo, and it won't be Brisbane v Vikings game as that's the curtain raiser for the Bledisloe. Reckon it'd likely be the Stars v Rays game.

I'd hope the curtain raiser games end up getting televised in addition to the regular Thursday night game. You'd think with everything set up for the test match it wouldn't cost fox much extra and would be in their best interest.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
The curtain raiser game before the Argentina test is on at the same time as the ABs v Boks game, so Fox would be showing that you'd think. Agree that'd it be good if they showed the curtain raiser before the 3rd Bledisloe game though.

And it makes you wonder why Perth shifted their home game on 6 September to Adelaide rather than having it as a curtain raiser before the Boks test. I assume money talks...

Status
Not open for further replies.