• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National U/16 Championships 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Checked Fox - no mention about the schoolboy game. The wankers on the Board of ARU couldn't give a toss about the schoolboy game - no corporate boxes at Knox where the game is played. Only officials that will be there in numbers will be the rugby league scouts. Good luck to them.

But it's walking distance from home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zacf01

Stan Wickham (3)
As good as this is for the boys I have a feeling it's not good for Australian rugby

I think you will find this QLD was picked only from club land. Given a majority of the GPS/AIC boys dont play club rugby or represent in it i dont think you can compare the strength of this U17 Qld to the bset of rugby in Qld. I think it stand to use the Qld Schoolboys and National U16 championships where all the best players are available and of which Qld won both
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P

phillipbmf

Merit side

Has there been any discussion of Merit side from the U16 championships ?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
They don't have it any more. The ARU people thought it was counter-productive:

- coaches hassled the people choosing the team to get their guys picked
- it was felt that the players chosen were put on a pedestal and got unwarranted precedence for Opens rep teams the following year.

I can't argue with that.

The team was picked in 2006, 2007 and apparently 2008 also. The teams for 2006 and 2007 can be found on the net but not the 2008 team. The only thing that is known about 2008 is that Gill was the player of the tournament.

If anybody has access to the names in the 2008 Merit Team please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.