• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Haven't checked it out for myself yet, but sounds like it was a good start to the (limited, atm) streaming service. Hopefully one step closer to Sky getting that much needed bullet in the head.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Haven't checked it out for myself yet, but sounds like it was a good start to the (limited, atm) streaming service. Hopefully one step closer to Sky getting that much needed bullet in the head.

I obviously hooked onto it zer0, (it's rugby) yep looks good to me.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Ethan Blackadder back this weekend for Tasman
Another like moody they has missed RWC with injury
I think blackadder, moody and tj may still get a chance or an injury strikes in these positions they will be one to come in of the Chance occurs

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Blackadder & Moody yes but TJP I doubt very much, I think he's well down the depth chart even if fully fit - Weber for one would IMO be picked ahead of him.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The sooner the AB's are shot of all 3 of the motherfucking bongo-brained Barrett brothers the better

* Beaudy Barrett. Decides how much energy to expend from match to match like its a motherfucking hostage negotiation situation

* Jordie Barrett. The team is under the kosh for the entire 1st half and slogs its arse off to keep the score at 0-7 then JOOOOOrdie casually throws a hero offload inside his own 22, easy intercept, all the slog for naught, 0-14.

* Scrote Barrett. Scrote's brain is so infinitesimally small it could fit down Steve Hawkings black-holed one-eye.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
* Scrote Barrett. Scrote's brain is so infinitesimally small it could fit down Steve Hawkings black-holed one-eye.
The worst thing to happen to the all blacks this cycle was ScoBar playing some really good rugby in between the absolute brainless offences, he's gone and made himself an indispensable cog in the team who's even money to blow a game with an ill-advised attempted decapitation.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
JSav has been let go by 'canes, I wonder if anyone will give him a gig? MP (Moana Pasifika) maybe? Only needs one more try to top the Super Rugby all-time list so would be nice to see him get it & I seem to recall him (& his bro) saying he'd love to represent his heritage one day...

Edit: there's now a stuff story that has him saying he's signed for another Super Rugby team TBA next week.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ not too much room for doubt is there? Even though it's a forced move, still good to see him walking the talk so to speak & hopefully he's the first of many opting for MP (Moana Pasifika) over French or Japanese D2.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I like tou and hope it MP (Moana Pasifika), as he eligible to play for Samoa, which is something Tana has said he wants all players to do. Be available for PI teams.
The only other thing that could be out there is an Aussie team, they been signing a few from this side of the ditch lately?
Also interesting reading Lee (Cane's CEO) say it was kind of just cocked up negotians , seems Laidlaw as new coach perhaps has other plans so Bus was down the line a bit in money offers? I guessing Sinkinson, Naholo , Rayasi, plus Sullivan and Moorby both good wingers, don't know if any young ones coming through from academy.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
“The way they (Ryan and Schmidt) bounce off Fozzie and the way Fozzie works with them, it's great to watch, and I think Fozzie is better for that. They’ve clearly worked really hard and they’re so aligned on their approach and where they want to steer this team."
drew-scanlon-blonde-guy.gif

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The following quote is from the Rugby Australia website.

'"It's not all doom and gloom. It's a long tournament and our team's in a good spot this week." Injured flanker Shannon Frizell and prop Tyrell Lomax will not be available for the second Pool

A match in Toulouse but Ethan Blackadder will arrive in Lyon later on Monday to bolster the loose forward stocks.'

Who is being replaced from the current squad? Or was the squad a man short in the first place?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

'"It's not all doom and gloom. It's a long tournament and our team's in a good spot this week." Injured flanker Shannon Frizell and prop Tyrell Lomax will not be available for the second Pool

A match in Toulouse but Ethan Blackadder will arrive in Lyon later on Monday to bolster the loose forward stocks.'

Who is being replaced from the current squad? Or was the squad a man short in the first place?
Emoni Narawa I think

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

Narawa was injured before leaving for France but they took him anyway.

But Fozzie has adjudged that injured people can't play rugby very well at all so they're sending him home.

giphy.gif

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
What are the chances RichMo for Tonga at RWC27 after his 3 year contract in Japan? Or do we think based on his age he will come back to NZ.