• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
^^^^^^^^^^ NZ rugby is a pyramid & the broader the base the higher we can build it.
i reckon.
at first I was yeah whatever, more signings, but now that I think about it, the whole thing is a complete fuckign insult to the fan. And hello pro rugby, if there's no fans, there's no $$ to pay players to go some place else and play. Why are we supposed to give a fuck if "our" team wins or loses at all then? If there's no us and no them and the whole thing is reduced to just some top players having a good old time on some field somewhere, anywhere, while we're supposed to invest something, both financially - with a ticket/cable tv - and "fanatically" as to whether "our" team wins or loses? It makes it increasingly hard to give a fuck if they're not them and they're not us.

The new NSW coach is Darryl Gibson, yeah fine we say, this is the professional age, hold the fucxking phones, he was a motherfucking All Black. He was a Canterbury inside back. DEANS. Didnt that used to mean something? Aussies should be fucking livid. We're supposed to be "parochial" when the players and coaches are just any fluffybunny from anywhere that the side can afford that day? It's I am "for the team" one day then its fuck you I'm going to Worcestor the next. "I can't wait to meet my new teammates even though none of us give a single flying fuck about this new team, wherever the fuck it is, we're just here for the cash." The actual pro "team" concept that a fan invests in? An insult to the fan. And no I don't have a solution because there is none. Maybe divest all teams of their names. "Get behind the team" they say? Why? May as well get in the front because that's where the arse fucking is going to come from.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pau are 16 points ahead of 2nd on the D2 ladder, #1 gets auto promotion to the Top 14 so I think they're locked into the Top 14 next year. They're overspending knowing they'll get an increased budget next year.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well Slade has announced he is off, shame, but that's the way it goes. Be interesting to see who plays 10 for Crusaders next year.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well Slade has announced he is off, shame, but that's the way it goes. Be interesting to see who plays 10 for Crusaders next year.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...lay-for-french-club-pau-after-rugby-world-cup

Carter, Slade & Taylor all gone: can't recall anyone losing so many players in a position all at once. They may have to look offshore, pretty sure Sopoaga's locked in at the Clan, Beaugan the 'canes, Cruden the Chiefs.......................... or maybe Dagg can twist West's arm during the ITM lol.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez WOB, you won't win a lot with West at 10, unless he improves a lot!! Maybe they will see how locked in young McKenzie is with Chiefs?? I think they may even look at young Black who's in Canes squad.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Didn't D. McKenzie originally hail from somewhere in the South Island? Could be a wise career move for him to go to the CruSadists.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/.lay-for-french-club-pau-after-rugby-world-cup

Carter, Slade & Taylor all gone: can't recall anyone losing so many players in a position all at once. They may have to look offshore, pretty sure Sopoaga's locked in at the Clan, Beaugan the 'canes, Cruden the Chiefs.......... or maybe Dagg can twist West's arm during the ITM lol.

And we lost Bleyandaal not that long ago.

We could always move Dagg to 10, I have been saying this for about 6 years :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ dunno about Dagg at 10, has he ever played there? Maybe it could work for one of those flashy "you hum it,Son, I'll play it" outfits from up North but not so much either variety of Southern Men..................

How times change: I can recall us not being allowed to have NZ's 2 best 5/8's & Stephen Brett on the books at the same time so having to pack Slade off to Dunners & Brett off to D'Auckland. Reckon it's time for NZRU to repay the debt & make the Chiefs choose which McKenzie they really really want as Cruden's backup - then say "yeah, nah, he's a CruSadist now, you can have the other one" :)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
^^^^^^ dunno about Dagg at 10, has he ever played there? Maybe it could work for one of those flashy "you hum it,Son, I'll play it" outfits from up North but not so much either variety of Southern Men......

How times change: I can recall us not being allowed to have NZ's 2 best 5/8's & Stephen Brett on the books at the same time so having to pack Slade off to Dunners & Brett off to D'Auckland. Reckon it's time for NZRU to repay the debt & make the Chiefs choose which McKenzie they really really want as Cruden's backup - then say "yeah, nah, he's a CruSadist now, you can have the other one" :)

Who was the 2nd best 5/8? Slade?!?

And us getting Brett was a bloody trojan horse. You guys never taught him to tackle and then sent up to us without his cover - McCaw. LOL

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And we lost Bleyandaal not that long ago.
<snip>:)

Didn't Tyler O'Bleyendaal show a tonne of promise at the 2010 Junior RWC where he was the NZ Captain?

Being stuck behind Carter, Slade, Cruden et al wouldn't have helped him to realise his full potential, but he seems to have been a victim of the "Peaking Too Early" syndrome.

On the back of the Jnr RWC form, I was expecting great things from him but I saw him play some rather ordinarily in some ITM Cup games for the Canterbury Lambs, and he never seemed to transition into the Super Rugby environment. I hope he does well in Ireland.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Didn't Tyler O'Bleyendaal show a tonne of promise at the 2010 Junior RWC where he was the NZ Captain?

Being stuck behind Carter, Slade, Cruden et al wouldn't have helped him to realise his full potential, but he seems to have been a victim of the "Peaking Too Early" syndrome.

On the back of the Jnr RWC form, I was expecting great things from him but I saw him play some rather ordinarily in some ITM Cup games for the Canterbury Lambs, and he never seemed to transition into the Super Rugby environment. I hope he does well in Ireland.

Exactly my summation of Tyler as well. IIRC he played opposite Robbie Coleman in the JRWC.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hey WOB, Dagg used to be back up 1st five for Hawkes Bay. Naa NZRU can tell C/saders to get stuffed and leave McKenzie boys alone, and Orene Black, they never been short of a $ to buy players before ;), so am sure with all the spare money without carter and co, they will find someone to poach. Only place that is safe is Blues, as they haven't got many that anyone would want to flog (though I think Bowden may of been a 12 at Crusaders). So long as you thieving bastards leave the mighty Canes in peace, I can live with who you get!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ "thieving bastards"? Did we not provide you with Mal Arnold (a FIGJAM if ever I met one), take Greg Feek off your hands in return for a still-serviceable Con Barrell? Harsh words, @Dan, harsh words indeed :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wifey's Chiefs-fanatic cousin & her Chiefs-fanatic hubby just moved into their new place ~400m from ours & don't have Foxtel hooked up yet (can take ages in these parts) so guess where they're watching the game tomorrow night? I've promised not to sulk (much) if we lose but, based on what happened last time, have reserved the right to gloat if we somehow jag a win :)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Oh shit, Waipu Cove Oldboy will be ropeable by about now. His Cantabs have shat the bed bigtime at home.

Alarm bells reverberate around NZRFU corridors as messrs Mccaw, D.Carter, S.Whitelock, O.Franks, Read and Crockett manage to do sweet fuck-all to stem the bleeding at home to Waikato. The backbone of the All Blacks, they are supposed guaranteed selections. The whole lot would have to contract overnight facial nutsack ebola not to be on the plane in October. Tickets booked, egos massaged, ballsacks cotton-wooled. And they were rubbish tonight. Carter does everything gingerly. Mccaw little more than an earnest clot.

The real problem is mental - if a combined 12,863 All Blacks caps can't adjust the gameplan to pull off a win - in a game they really had to win - then should Niew Zllnd be concerned?