• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Australia - Auckland - 23 August 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Expect the All Blacks to improve their setpiece immeasurably this week, so our pack will need to lift their improvement as well.

With Poite as referee we must start well in the scrums. He tends to reward the team with the dominant drive with the penalty rather than try and work out who is technically infringing.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
We can win. The backline can only get better in attack. Our defence was extraordinarily good.

Beale has not played 10 for yonks. He will learn from his mistakes (they all will), and To'omua must be better for the hit-out.

We have more improvement in us than the Darkness. If we want it enough, we can take the buggers.

binga2014

Stan Wickham (3)
We can win. The backline can only get better in attack. Our defence was extraordinarily good.

Beale has not played 10 for yonks. He will learn from his mistakes (they all will), and To'omua must be better for the hit-out.

We have more improvement in us than the Darkness. If we want it enough, we can take the buggers.

this

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
1. Slipper
2. Charles
3. Kepu
4. Carter
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. White
10. Beale
11. Horne
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Folau

Tell White to pick his moments to box kick and to not to use it when we're outside our 22! Beale, as will White will improve for the experience - got to back them for this week at least.

By playing AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing, we strengthen our back line overall. The To'omua-Kuridrani axis will not let us down in defence, even against a returning Conrad Smuth.

Expect the All Blacks to improve their setpiece immeasurably this week, so our pack will need to lift their improvement as well.
That be my 15.. I think till Speight ready it's better for the team for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to wing it.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the best 13 but TK is a big body that hits the inside shoulder hard.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

True, but in Bledisloe you don't have 12 weeks of competition to improve, you've essentially 2 or 3 weeks and the trophy is gone.

With the greatest respect to Link (who I rate highly) tests against the ABs aren't the time to be trying out combinations and/or positional changes.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Those asserting the Black Watch have less improvement in them are delusional.

I think for the team and the fans have White start give him the chance to shine, if he does or doesn't Phipps gets the last 30 mins.

But drop White, Phipps goes to rubbish you got 2 HB's that have just had shitters and what you change back ?

If White has another average game and Phipps comes on you have given White the chance and Phipps starts.

You have been saying we need To'omua at 10 because neither Foley nor Beale do a good enough job there. But you want to give White another chance after his very ordinary form against France and last night, AND getting outplayed badly against the Tahs halfback i.e. his direct competition for the Wallaby shirt.

*deleted* - just inflammatory

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Those asserting the Black Watch have less improvement in them are delusional.

You have been saying we need To'omua at 10 because neither Foley nor Beale do a good enough job there. But you want to give White another chance after his very ordinary form against France and last night, AND getting outplayed badly against the Tahs halfback i.e. his direct competition for the Wallaby shirt.

/quote]

Read my comment you twat, I said in that game where it was Wet we may have been better with To'omua at 10. But like you always do you make up your own mine, and I would have gone with the team that beat France..

I dont really care if its Phipps or White at 9, I just mused that getting the spot for the run on against the AB's in NZ might not be the best choice.

*deleted* - inflammatory response to inflammatory post now deleted

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
WTF?
Is that a typo?
Your preferred use of the box kick is in our own 22?
Why don't we just pull down our pants and...
Get forwards in front of the ball, tell White to vary it up between box kicking himself and giving the kick exit duty to To'omua and Beale. Problem solved.

If White doesn't kick, you only give the All Blacks chasers fewer options to charge down. Next week, the majority could be berating To'omua or Beale for being charge downed.

I'm sure White will be working doubly hard in kicking practice this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.