• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wales, Test 1, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
The NZRT's backline wasn't as smooth as of yore.
Wales need to fix up their lineout.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I dunno, I have no real issues with that being called forward, it was barely flat at best. His hands were definitely not moving backwards. So long as it is consistent.

Same with the Kaino penalty the commentators complained about a bit before that, you could see that Kaino deliberately put himself on the wrong side then made a half hearted effort to get out of the way.

As always, I think you're flat out wrong. That's not a forward pass any day of the week.

And Kaino CLEARLY moved to the side despite having welsh players pinning him down. The halfback milked it.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
The NZRT's backline wasn't as smooth as of yore.
Wales need to fix up their lineout.

Lost some of the passing skills and decision making and replaced with raw talent. e.g. Fekitoa and Naholo

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
As always, I think you're flat out wrong. That's not a forward pass any day of the week.

And Kaino CLEARLY moved to the side despite having welsh players pinning him down. The halfback milked it.

Agree to disagree. I can understand arguments both ways for the pass, but his hands didn't move in a backwards motion and the ball did not come out backwards. At best, you could argue for a flat motion. At best.

And Kaino, I want to see players deliberately falling on the wrong side then waiting to roll away penalised. Sure, the halfback may have milked it a bit at the end, but Kaino didn't have to be there to begin with, and he could easily have rolled away immediately, but didn't.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Agree to disagree. I can understand arguments both ways for the pass, but his hands didn't move in a backwards motion and the ball did not come out backwards. At best, you could argue for a flat motion. At best.

And Kaino, I want to see players deliberately falling on the wrong side then waiting to roll away penalised. Sure, the halfback may have milked it a bit at the end, but Kaino didn't have to be there to begin with, and he could easily have rolled away immediately, but didn't.

No one thought that was forward - except Wayne Barnes and you.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So far I've only seen some highlights BUT it seems to me there was a forward pass in Naholo's first try & someone got into Barnes' ear about it at half time so the TJP no-try was more a square-up than a cock-up. That said, he was flat out wrong & should never have over-ruled his TMO. NZ media are obviously harking back to Cardiff 2007 so I guess we'll be getting those two calls regurgitated for the rest of Barnes' refing career..........

On the subject of Ayoub, I hereby pledge not to cast aspersions on his abilities as a TMO until AFTER a match. From what I've seen he got everything that was referred to him spot on.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
So far I've only seen some highlights BUT it seems to me there was a forward pass in Naholo's first try & someone got into Barnes' ear about it at half time so the TJP no-try was more a square-up than a cock-up. That said, he was flat out wrong & should never have over-ruled his TMO. NZ media are obviously harking back to Cardiff 2007 so I guess we'll be getting those two calls regurgitated for the rest of Barnes' refing career....

If that is indeed the case, then that's even worse.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought that was one of the worst forward pass calls I've seen. So comfortably a legal pass.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Absolutely no question about it......... the pass was clearly backwards.

That's a massive cock up from Barnes to overrule the TMO on that............

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Jumping on the band wagon but there was no way that pass was forwards. Barnes gor that one wrong.

On another note, good to see Sydney Shute Shield ref Will Houston step up to international level.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok fellas, my take on game after being at it!
Was a bloody great test to be at, one of most enjoyable I been to for a few years. The banter etc between both sets of fans was great. The game was played at a hell of a speed, and I was genuinely nervous at halftime, and not just because the Welsh fans were informing me that Wales were about to start a huge punch up to get game stopped! Wales started bloody well, looked like the All Blacks midfield was getting a little disconnected on defence. By geez the ABs turned defence to attack very quickly too. Welsh defence seemed to get pulled in from the wings, and that hurt them. Second half AB midfield tightened up, and their lineout really dominated, cost Wales big time. Anyway looking forward to Wellington test.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Oh, and even allowing for forward pass or whatever, and one or two other little missed things, I thought Barnes reffed bloody well.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
No one thought that was forward - except Wayne Barnes and you.
Yeah I was sitting here in the morning watching the game from a distance and saw this and I was like, wow, what a well constructed legitimate try.

Then came Barnes and reversed the decision and my immediate thought was, "Ag nee bra, wil jy nou werklik die Nieu-Seelanders bedonnerd maak?"

Translated that would be something along these lines: "Ah no man, do you really intend to make the New Zealanders furious?"

Status
Not open for further replies.