• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

No McCaw until July next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Given how well McCaw has played in the RC, I don't see any indication that he's on his last legs physically - he has probably been the best player in any team on show. He is still far and away the best player on the planet. So anyone thinking that he is somehow on the steep downhill slope to obscurity is kidding themselves. What I see him doing is trying to keep that for another four years by having some long service leave next year and coming back fresh and ready. Its not what we would expect from ordinary players but McCaw is no ordinary player.

No one knows if it will work but I reckon if he hadn't chosen to do it then he would be very unlikely to make it to RWC2015, just because of the wear and tear on his body. As an Aussie I wish it wasn't happening, but anyone who thinks its the beginning of the end and looks on it as a good sign for Aussie rugby is dreaming I tell ya, dreaming.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't give him a hope in hell in making the 2015 RWC.

But if ever player epitomised the saying "write him off at our peril", it's our Richie.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
"I'm not an alcoholic, i only drink when Richie McCaw's offside"

Its either going to be a dry-spell for some, or we are going to have to come up with another reason to drink..

As a favour to Australian drinkers, I believe McCaw is planning to finish the last match of the Rugby Championship in an offside position. That way we can just keep drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.