• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

No Rugby Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
What the heck, there is no more rugby to watch tonight, and I didn't even get to watch the first and only game. What a boring Friday night!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Pity you missed the Highlanders / Cheetahs game, it was pretty good actually. Cheetahs almost pinched a late draw.
Adam Thomson is a good player, but he is a bigger seagull than Sharpe at his peak. Always on the wing. That said, he got 2 tries, so must be doing something right.
Cheetahs scored 2 cracking tries from counter-attack too.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
I have finally taken a stance re this new Conference system, it sucks.

Opportunity for six more games and they cant figure out one more Friday game,

what is the Fox chan that would normally screen this playing now?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I have finally taken a stance re this new Conference system, it sucks.

Opportunity for six more games and they cant figure out one more Friday game,

what is the Fox chan that would normally screen this playing now?

Crap. Boxing, some random AFL show and something else I can't remember - golf? It is feast or famine sometimes on the three Foxsports shows.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
What the heck, there is no more rugby to watch tonight, and I didn't even get to watch the first and only game. What a boring Friday night!

All the teams want to play Saturday because you get better crowds at the ground. Better crowds = more revenue. Ergo, no footie on Friday night.

Additionally this round is not a good fit anyway. The Force match at 10:00 is a good lead in to the Saffa games on Saturday, but would have been an outlier if played on Friday. So, Friday was a good chance to go out for dinner, thus earning enough Brownie points to allow you to watch five games in a row Saturday. Old dogs learnt a bit on the way to becoming old, ask LG and Bruce (and me, though I wouldn't want to admit to it). :)

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Looked after the kid last night and this morning so she could sleep in, so it's off to the local rugby this arvo after work, then down the club for the evening watching plenty of rugby.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Looked after the kid last night and this morning so she could sleep in, so it's off to the local rugby this arvo after work, then down the club for the evening watching plenty of rugby.

Which Central Coast club are you connected with / support?

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Avoca, played there for the last 19 years. As I am getting older though, I cheer them on for the first round and start playing in the second round. It's much easier on the body.

Just noticed your location. Are you connected with any club?

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Retired now. I played with the Rams off-and-on for 18 years though with one year at Northlakes. I started a CC Rugby thread over on grassroots as there seems to be a few ex-Coasties on here. Mark S is an ex-Condom and Mad Mozzie played for Gosford.

Status
Not open for further replies.