• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Non-partisan views

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
It all depends on the style that McKenzie wants to play.

The Chiefs and Crusader teams will dominate the AB's team.
In their weekend semi-final the body height, leg drive and aggression at the breakdown was awesome, from both forwards and backs in both teams.
Both teams also showed great discipline at committing very few players to defensive breakdowns unless a turnover or counter ruck were real options.

Strangely enough I feel now is the time to play the AB's up the guts and get in behind them.
Sio, Fardy and MMM will all hit and carry and if our scrum can get parity, a tighter game will be a better option. At the moment trying to mix it with the AB's in a fast paced open game will be in their favour with their superior athleticism, fitness and speed.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Lucky:
Betham - not even one of the Tahs top two wings, hands and defence way below standard
Dennis - Plenty of chances, solid at S15, not at this level though
Harris - I just don't get that

About time:
Pyle - Real class
To'omua - My pick @ 10, although I know he won't be
White - So far ahead of Phipps it isn't funny
Sio - Potentially our best prop for a long time

Unlucky:
Hanson - Next best hooker in the country after Moore & TPN
English - A better option than Betham
Horne - Does nothing and gets into the run-on side, has is best ever season of S15 and can't make a 40 man squad. He must be a confused boy.
Carter - For mine, a more consistent performer than his mate - Fardy

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
It doesn't matter who Australia pick at 6 and 8, their back row as a unit isn't good enough to compete with the best in the world. All the options are much of a muchness and they are lacking a really dominant figure in the class of the likes of Read, Parisse, Leguizamon.

JOC (James O'Connor) has to be involved in the 23, he is too good a footballer to discard and Ewen McKenzie is the right bloke to get him into line.

Status
Not open for further replies.