• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Newcastle circling the drain in the English Premiership.

85-14 loss to Bristol overnight. No wins yet from 15 GP games

Bristol Stats:
- 45 Clean Breaks
- 51 Defenders Beaten
- 1093 Metres Gained
- 31 Offloads

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
Newcastle circling the drain in the English Premiership.

85-14 loss to Bristol overnight. No wins yet from 15 GP games

Bristol Stats:
- 45 Clean Breaks
- 51 Defenders Beaten
- 1093 Metres Gained
- 31 Offloads
No relegation this season - no money, playing with many academy players - see if the ME money materialises.

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Happy for Jake McIntyre, MoTM performance for Perpignan in their rout of Lyon, 51-20. He's not a world beater but he's led a pretty classic league 2 to 8th in the Top 14 without many stars which is no mean feat.

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
What an Autumn Series for NH.

Attachments

• IMG-20240423-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240423-WA0001.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 31

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
For NH Rugby, it is probably the equivalent of Lions Tours (annually) with all those games available for viewing..... $$$$.

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Peter Hewat is joining McKellar at Leicester as attack coach:
https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/04/...-prank-ahead-of-debut-hewat-answers-dan-call/

As much as it'd be nice to have the top Australian coaches coaching in Australia, McKellear, Palmer and Hewat all coaching together could easily be the wallabies setup by 2027, so having them all working together now may pay dividends later.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Good call by them. He was someone I'd thought of if/when the Tahs make a call about the coach. Neutral on it at the moment but I thought Hewat would have been a candidate at the appropriate level for the job.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
For NH Rugby, it is probably the equivalent of Lions Tours (annually) with all those games available for viewing..... $$$$.
The 6N teams receive 1/7th of 90 million pounds, that includes all these games. Gate receipts obviously on top and change depending on opposition.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
On the weekend I watched a replay of the Bordeaux Vs Harlequins game from last week. That is why it is called the game they play in heaven.
What an amazing game by both sides and came right down to the wire.
If we had games like that here the game would be looking a lot healthier.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
On the weekend I watched a replay of the Bordeaux Vs Harlequins game from last week. That is why it is called the game they play in heaven.
What an amazing game by both sides and came right down to the wire.
If we had games like that here the game would be looking a lot healthier.
I disagree with this statement intensely. Did you watch Reds v Blues?

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
Harlequins vs Northampton at Twickenham this weekend had c60,000 crowd - that's how you pay for expensive players.

They'll still run at a loss, but that coin helps - add to the fact that it was a cracker of a game.