• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yeah I don't really want to touch either it as I can see positives and negatives constantly depending on how I approach the thought.

Interesting development though. Small fish compared to other sports they have got involved with but has the potential to shift a lot of things in Rugby.

Will be interesting to see how this fleshes out. There's rules that prevent any one person or group from owning more than a certain % in more than one club at the same time. I think it's 20%.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was intereted to read that the Crusaders preseason game against Munster has sold about 40,000 tickets That's a lot for a team that was always without All Blacks etc.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Was intereted to read that the Crusaders preseason game against Munster has sold about 40,000 tickets That's a lot for a team that was always without All Blacks etc.
Without all Internationals really, Irish are in 6N camp, All Blacks are resting and Saffas are injured

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Once in a lifetime opportunity for the fans (unless the World Club Championship gets up) & I doubt they'll care who does or doesn't turn up in Crusaders colors.

Saw on CGW that the only commentary available is in Gaelic so sky have put together a crew to do commentary from the studio.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
France were poor.

Ireland were good. Better at the breakdown by far. Delightfully cynical both sides of possession. Lineout got the upper hand as well - critically denying France possession in position.

A game I noted where both 10s were not very influential. Ireland allowed Crowley to work his way into the game by using JGP and Aki either side of him a lot - nice ball for that second (third?) try tho. France's 10 just didn't get into the game because their 9 was utter poo - mostly as a result of their forward pack being ordinary.

Ireland's scrum looked a bit creaky until the reserves came on - I say that in the understanding that there were fk all scrums in the first 55 minutes, so hard to give it full analysis.

Willemse's red? The second yellow I have a bit of sympathy for, as it was a falling player and IMHO was unlucky to be upgraded to red. He's got no excuses for the cleanout.

Similarly, the officials have no excuse for buying Ireland's soccer-style tactics of making a big deal of anything that looked like head contact. I thought Ireland were mostly low and hard in the tackle but a couple looked a bit sus. Certainly Dickson and the three other officials seemed to be unable to pick up anything live.

Penaud had a terrible evening - everything after his big line dropout was meh.

The margin flattered France.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Lucu is poo at Test level. Pedestrian flatters him. It wasn't the forwards' fault, he's just slow and predictable. Ireland weren't that flash, they just did the simple things well courtesy of France's peculiar lack of organisation and intensity.

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
France decision to play a couple of their youngsters (U20s I think) backfired - Ireland were clinical, but both #10s have work to do. France #9 was awful - agreed.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
at half time was going to write how shameful it was that Aus got pumped by this Welsh side. But fair play to them they turned that game around, pretty exciting match to watch.

Scotland finished the game with two Aussies in the backrow :)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well been away and only saw the Irish/French and Wales/Scotland games live. If that any indication of standard of tests again this year in 6Ns, I'm well and truly on board. Loved them both, as did wife, son and daughetr (adults). This ain't a bad game we follow.
Also just seen Crusaders/Munster, for a preseason game was pretty alright. In the losing Crusaders mob, I was quietly impressed with young George Bell, continues to look like a kid with a huge future, Macca Springer looked more than reasonable too, and think Kemara will be pleased with his game at 10.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
don't know how decent these highlights are, i just watched the full game, but Dupont in his last game for the season absolutely tears up at flyhalf. Genuine freak. He is going to be such a weapon at 7s.

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
Two cracking Six Nations games - plus take a look at the U20s 6Ns matches - Eng U20 #9 and #7 outstanding.

Lessons for Australia who should be playing more representative U20/U19 matches to identify emerging talent.