• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

The game speaks for itself. One thing I noticed is how cleanly this highlights package was edited. I wonder how many casual fans would get into rugby if this was the standard?

Also who is the commentator - he does a great job.
The Scottish guy is Johnnie Beattie, former lock for Scotland and co-host of Le French Rugby Podcast.

The main one I think is Martin Gillingham, he often does the games entirely solo

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The Scottish guy is Johnnie Beattie, former lock Number 8 for Scotland and co-host of Le French Rugby Podcast.

The main one I think is Martin Gillingham, he often does the games entirely solo
The Killer Bees man. Would still take them over the entire backrow group we have now. The fact they had to play in that pre-Cotter pre-Hogg pre-Russell era is just sad when they had such great individual and collective talent.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I find most Rugby highlights packages can be awful. 3 min or 4 min versions which show 90 seconds of penalty goal kicking, including replays, but don't show the initial transgression. Unless a very low scoring game we almost never see any attempts that come close to scoring and fall short, either due to error or great defence, but we see 3 to 4 replays of a try at times.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
CC1DFB0B-6C38-4ED9-8F13-B1B35CDB00E2.jpeg
91DF1203-B202-44EB-99B1-80AC2D63E43B.jpeg
ABAA9991-A947-4C70-B622-8B44F0E3BDEA.jpeg

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Don't hate it, they should have promotion/relegation every cycle though. That would be amazing.
It's a must to keep games interesting. Will eliminate dead rubber games which this comp could have that tour games don't have to worry about. Also, imagine the amount of viewers that would want to watch the final in the 2nd tier comp.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
England will have to have their own giteau law soon. Owen Farrell and George Ford won't be here next RWC. Fortunately they have mercurial Marcus Smith playing in.. Paris. Their next fullback to get 100 caps is Henry Arundell is also playing in Paris. Jack Willis is in Toulouse too. Sam Simmonds at Montpellier. Marchant Paris too. Dave Ribbans gone over now.

Not to the same extent as us but it's getting there.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I haven't been following that closely - isn't three weeks a little light on for what was alleged to have happened?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Hard to say with these ones and I don't know the categories and where it falls. My opinion is 3 seems about right but you could argue its completely unacceptable and being such a senior figure in world rugby he should know better.

Negative part of me also thinks this is a cop out and we'll just give him a suspension that won't effect the WC.

I know its different but Reece Walsh got 3 weeks for abusing the ref recently and Brandon Smith got the same last year.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hard to say with these ones and I don't know the categories and where it falls. My opinion is 3 seems about right but you could argue its completely unacceptable and being such a senior figure in world rugby he should know better.

Negative part of me also thinks this is a cop out and we'll just give him a suspension that won't effect the WC.

I know its different but Reece Walsh got 3 weeks for abusing the ref recently and Brandon Smith got the same last year.
So if we use the well known factor of League being 20% soft cocks on their bans, he should be gone for 15 weeks.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It's an odd one.

I legitimately expected either a whole hog (8+ weeks) or a fine with no suspension: the latter of which would have come with an explanation along the lines of "This is an offence not properly coded for in the rules and regulations of the EPCR competition, which will be rectified for coming seasons."

Not unhappy with 3 (4 might have been more on the nose but whatever).

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
A lot of people are forgetting it's 6 weeks, reduced to 3 cause he has a good record. It's good for Ireland as they can play him against Romania first up, I'd rest him or come off the bench for Tonga and then he starts against SA.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
A lot of people are forgetting it's 6 weeks, reduced to 3 cause he has a good record. It's good for Ireland as they can play him against Romania first up, I'd rest him or come off the bench for Tonga and then he starts against SA.
You guys weren't too bad without him, I always thought that you'd buggered with no Sexton but I think you don't need him.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
You guys weren't too bad without him, I always thought that you'd buggered with no Sexton but I think you don't need him.
Agree, I think 4 years ago we were, I think now we have 2-3 quality guys to step into that position.