• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Season 16/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Terribly sad news. A one club man as player and coach. Shocked and so sad for his family. A huge loss to Munster and Irish rugby.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Everybodies buying into the Munster win.

Munster boys, ref giving anything that's a 30-70 their way, and Glasgow playing all round shit.

Only Earls with a fucking dog act hasn't bought into the fairytale. Disgraceful act. Shame on him.

EDIT: Absolutely fantastic performance from the Munster boys 1-10 and 12-24.

Well deserved that. Just wish Glasgow, Earls and Garces had displayed the same quality, judgement and class as the those 22 lads.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^Keith Earls has always be prone to a bad tackling technique. But telling a Glasgow player to F off away from him when his walking off in a highly emotional game is no surprise and I don't blame him.

There was no need for Stuart Hogg to say anything to him, Hogg was aware it was a emotional day and should have stayed away and kept his mouth shut.

Did Earls mean to tip tackle, not likely. Did Hogg mean to rub Earls the wrong way, not likely. But don't call a guy a dog who has just played rugby 24 hours after the funeral of a Team mate, captain, mentor, coach and most of all friend.

I can't imagine how hard it was for a lot of guys to take the pitch this weekend, and they should be credited for doing so. Not called a animal for making a mistake in the heat of the moment. After the game you could see Earls was clearly upset and some of his team mates rallied around him.

Highlander I normally respect your posts, but this time your just being a jack ass.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Dylan Hartley strikes again (pun intended).
Red card and a 6-week ban.
Imo he doesn't set a good example as a club captain nor as the national captain.
The NZRT front row will wind him like a clock if he's in the BIL touring party.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Dylan Hartley strikes again (pun intended).
Red card and a 6-week ban.
Imo he doesn't set a good example as a club captain nor as the national captain.
The NZRT front row will wind him like a clock if he's in the BIL touring party.

Really don't want him as Lions captain. He's a fool

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Somewhat controversial in the Connacht v Wasps game.

Final penalty awarded at 80:02, and replacement ref says time is up. John Muldoon says we can still kick it out under the new laws right? Ref agrees, Connacht kick it downfield, win the game off the drive.

Now, the new laws don't apply in the NH till the 1st of August! Big stuff up. Hope Wasps don't miss out on the Quarters based on that, unless Glasgow gets in instead.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Way to fire up the Celts & Gallics, Ringinland:

IMG_0659.JPG

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11782329

Sometimes you've just gotta wonder what the guys & gals from marketing are thinking when they dream up this kinda shit............

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Will Skelton received a YC last weekend in the match Scarlets v Saracens, for striking the face of an opponent.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I usually stream via bbc the Six Nations but figured I'd watch the games at my local.

Anyone know whether the games will be broadcast on foxsports, or on the Beinsports channel?

AdelaideRugby84

Chris McKivat (8)
Former NRL star Ben Barba has joined French Top 14 giants Toulon.

Barba admits 'terrible mistake'
  • 3:32 PM ACDT
    • AAP
Ben Barba has bid "au revoir" to the NRL, accepting full responsibility for his positive cocaine test which ultimately led to his exit to French rugby.
The former Dally M winner left the door ajar for a return to rugby league after on Thursday signing a two-and-a-half year deal with Top 14 powerhouse Toulon.
In a statement released through his manager, Barba said he was backed into a corner after his 12-game NRL ban left him unable to provide for his young family.
"In regard to the incident at the back end of last year, I take full responsibility for my actions," Barba said.
"I made a terrible mistake and I own it and will have to live it.
"I have four young daughters which will one day ask the question about how I won a grand final with my best mates at the Sharks and then made a poor choice which changed my life and my reputation forever, that is a hard conversation I am not looking forward to."
Barba thanked Cronulla and the rugby league community and hasn't ruled out returning to the game.
"It's a fresh start and hopefully a successful one, I wish my teammates at the Sharks all the very best for the 2017 season."
"Au revoir' everyone, thanks for the memories and who knows I may return down the track you never say never."
Barba said he accepted the offer from French rugby because he had been given no indication as to when he could return.
After he was hit with a 12-game ban, he was released from his deal with the Sharks, only to re-sign on a one-year contract.
However when the NRL delayed ratifying his deal, which would have allowed him to begin serving his time, he began to investigate other options.
"Until yesterday afternoon I had no clear pathway outlined to me of how I was entering back into rugby league," Barba said.
"A phone call from NRL CEO Todd Greenberg provided me for the first time since October a clear picture of my position which I thank Todd for taking the time to contact me and discuss it, also I openly provided him with my current circumstances.
"It was advised that my contract with the Sharks was not going to be registered until just before round 12 which placed the club in a difficult position regarding their financial position and if or how I may earn an income through this period."
Barba was pilloried for telling media on Wednesday that: "the NRL hasn't given me much".
The 27-year-old was responding to questions about the timeline given for his return and complained that it had been taken out of context by some people who were painting him as ungrateful.

http://www.espn.com.au/rugby/story/_/id/18602790/ben-barba-admits-terrible-mistake-quitting-nrl

Status
Not open for further replies.