• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Not a bad read - but I can't feel sorry for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Cutter said:
Tim O'Brien was a better 7 than Gleeson. He outplayed him on numerous occasions. The perception was that O'Brien was too small.

James McCormack was a better hooker than Crick and is the same age. I saw Crick up close on enough occasions to know how big he was. He wasnt a hobbit, but nor would I call him big in terms of a hooker.

A one eyed Manly Marlins fan - terrific work !

H

hi-jinks

Cutter said:
Tim O'Brien was a better 7 than Gleeson. He outplayed him on numerous occasions. The perception was that O'Brien was too small.

James McCormack was a better hooker than Crick and is the same age. I saw Crick up close on enough occasions to know how big he was. He wasnt a hobbit, but nor would I call him big in terms of a hooker.

Cutter, that is a lame argument! Everyone was a better player than Gleeson!!! :lmao:

You deadset have your hand on it with McCormack though. Did you not see that image of his kick return in the Tahs game? Crick would do that week in week out for Gordon. Cricky was deceptively big, he was 110kg.
I am starting to sound like his agent!! Deadset, I am shattered we didn't see the best of him, no other front rower has ever had his athletic gift.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
hi-jinks said:
Deadset, I am shattered we didn't see the best of him, no other front rower has ever had his athletic gift.

He paved the way for Tatafu Polota-Nau !

H

hi-jinks

I know Lee is playing possum, but he would have recognised the loss of Crick.
TPN isn't as quick as Crick was. Cricky was a loose head at Joeys, in the same team as Ben Kenedy, they used to take turns running over the top of people, it was comical by the end.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
hi-jinks said:
Cutter, that is a lame argument! Everyone was a better player than Gleeson!!! :lmao:

You deadset have your hand on it with McCormack though. Did you not see that image of his kick return in the Tahs game? Crick would do that week in week out for Gordon. Cricky was deceptively big, he was 110kg.
I am starting to sound like his agent!! Deadset, I am shattered we didn't see the best of him, no other front rower has ever had his athletic gift.

A hookers primary role is at the set piece and in tight. Crick taught Nathan Sharpe how to stand in the centres. He was so busy looking for kick returns and hit ups, he neglected the tight play. I'm sure a succession of his coaches will tell you the same thing.

Athleticism isnt the only key to being a great rugby player. I agree Crick was an athlete, I dont agree he was a great rugby player.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Cutter said:
Actually, this thread has been highjacked a bit. Sorry.
On topic:

I like Oliver and I hope he does well in whatever he chooses to do. He is an example of someone who is drawing from all of the advantages which accrue to an international rugby player. He clearly isnt only driven by money. His experiences will be much richer than those of, for example, Tuqiri, or even someone like Giteau.

I dont think the reporter was trying to portray him as pitiful either. He was just contrasting his current life against his old life.
Well said Cutter.

H

hi-jinks

Cutter said:
hi-jinks said:

A hookers primary role is at the set piece and in tight. Crick taught Nathan Sharpe how to stand in the centres. He was so busy looking for kick returns and hit ups, he neglected the tight play. I'm sure a succession of his coaches will tell you the same thing.

Athleticism isnt the only key to being a great rugby player. I agree Crick was an athlete, I dont agree he was a great rugby player.

Quite the opposite, his former coaches miss him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.