• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC 2017 Fiji Drua v QLD Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
With both teams having put a combined century on the GSR over the past fortnight, I thought this would be a cracker of a game.

It was great in parts but the spectacle, as far as the first half went, was ruined by the ref. I had to give up after 40 mins and will watch the rest of the game later.

The Fijians were their worst enemy; poor with their discipline and poor with their patience. This wasn't helped by 3 dropped balls not picked up by the ref, one of which resulted in 7 points, holding back of a Fijian before he received the ball resulting in a dropped ball and a possible try gone begging.

QLD Country played smart. Trying to strip the ball at all times and lying all over the luck preventing quick Drua ball. It's a pity the ref wasn't up to this.

One thing I've noticed in the games I've watched, not just this one, is that there seems to be a trend of the ref letting line out play go on even if the ball is thrown in crooked where the opposition does not challenge for the ball.

Anyway, well done to Country and for taking the shield.

PS will we see Brad Thorn coaching the Wallabies after the next WRC?

T

TOCC

One thing I've noticed in the games I've watched, not just this one, is that there seems to be a trend of the ref letting line out play go on even if the ball is thrown in crooked where the opposition does not challenge for the ball.
?

Yes that’s an experimental law..

If the opposition doesn’t compete, the ref won’t call it back for a crooked throw

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
They seem to be letting a lot of crooked throws go these days at super & test level as well - even when contested.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Thought Country "lucky" to get such a one sided penalty count. But the Fijians are an undisciplined lot who try to play 15 man rugby with seven's flair.

They left a few tries out there trying to push the pass.

Thought Hamish Stewart was very good and looks the goods. Bloke is certainly not afraid to take the ball into contact and at speed.

Country scrum was awesome, particularly after half time (and fantastic with that scrum penalty just before half time)

The Thor was dominant for the first 20 actually terrific.

The backs (and team) really missed those 2 blokes called into the Wallabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.