• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Final - Brisbane City v Perth Spirit - Saturday November 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The City scrum was good but on another day with another ref Paraka would have been blown off the park for not pushing straight his first movement was always to step in and Hoskins was getting smashed as a result of it.

As a fellow front rower I say Good on paraka he got away with it all game and was a major part in why they won.

All this talk about ruining careers please. Cowan had a bad game it happens. Iv seen him do what paraka did to Hoskins on many occasions

Hoskins is 21 and has 16 super rugby games under his belt he will be around for along time.

Able has never played a super rugby game next year will be his last chance as Scoble will over take him if he doesn't step up.

City were able to counterbalance their scrum and keep it straight and thats why hoff didn't penalise.

Hoskins has a the same problem as alexander. Too tall to play TH and so a guy like Paraka will get under him and control the scrum. You're lying to yourself if you think these props are good enough to win a super rugby title.

What happened to Salesi Manu. He was the force's best front row prospect.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
City were able to counterbalance their scrum and keep it straight and thats why hoff didn't penalise.

Hoskins has a the same problem as alexander. Too tall to play TH and so a guy like Paraka will get under him and control the scrum. You're lying to yourself if you think these props are good enough to win a super rugby title.

Mate in the first game the two teams played at the start of the comp Cowan and Faulkner had the same 2 props on ice. And nothing changed when the reserves came on.

I never said they would win us the comp I said on another day with a different red thing could have been different.

Hoskins has shown in his super games he is up to it. He is nothing like Alexander his problem is he won't bend at the knees simple.

Height never stopped Hayman its a non issue.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
And manu was a good prospect 2 years ago before he decided he didn't want to work. Was very lazy he is soaking up the Rays I Italy now.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
And manu was a good prospect 2 years ago before he decided he didn't want to work. Was very lazy he is soaking up the Rays I Italy now.

Sad to hear that. I always thought he should have got more opportunities but if like you say he wasn't putting in the work that explains why he didn't.

Heymans example isn't too relevant these days with the new engagement laws. Height is now a real issue for props, especially TH's.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Getting back to game and players.big thing for me is how much BC front row not only dominated a super rugby force front row but absolutely smashed them.

That Paraka was huge..only 20 years old but what a performance..as only narrowly pipped by Liam Gill for MOTM...why is this guy not got a super rugby contract...

If reds don't snap him up quickly another super rugby franchise will.what a great prospect..

It was announced on Saturday night on Foxsport that the Reds have named Paraka as their prop recruit - he and Wil Ginea share Papuan new Guinea background.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)

Hoskins is only 2cm taller than Sekope Kepu. This is not an issue.

The bigger issue is that he is still only a young fella and that a scrum is the collective functioning of a group of players working against another group. There are plenty of other factors than just the performance of one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.