• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC onwards and upwards

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
The answer is somewhere in between.

You want to centralise the admin function as much as possible and retain control over areas that are franchise specific and/or of strategic importance such as sponsorship.

Some aspects are already centralised for at least some of the franchises (i.e. my Waratahs membership is renewed through the ARU).

Operations on the ground should be franchise specific but essentially everything else should look to move toward a centralised structure.

T

TOCC

Looking specifically at the NRC; marketing, merchandise, membership, IT and finance should all go to a centralised structure.. As it is, many of the clubs probably have 1 or 2 people collectively filling all of those roles, but greater economies of scale could be achieved by doing it out of a centralised location within the ARU.

The ARU should be providing each club with a constant supply of videos, articles, infographic type material for the individual clubs to distribute via their own media/marketing/corporate sponsorship channels. Its unrealistic to expect a part time employee at one of the NRC clubs to come up with that material in their own time, the ARU already holds the expertise, owns the software licenses and have the manpower to produce such content.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Just watched replay of Rays vs Eagles match.

Impressed by quality of rugby on display - moreso from Rays.

Quality of rugby on display in NRC 3rd season definitely been best by clear margin. Do wonder whether this is why many of us diehards watching NRC action clambering more for a professional national domestic competition of at least 8 teams or more is partly because NRC has shown what it could look like as a taster.

NRC heading in right direction in quality of product - just got to get more people to games and watching it which clearly continues to be a challenge as teams involved and those behind those teams can't be expected to do all the heavy lifting alone.

T

TOCC

Potentially, the NRC GF following the Bledisloe could feature as the highest rating NRC ever...Admittedly its coming flow a low base so that isn't as impressive as it sounds.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Potentially, the NRC GF following the Bledisloe could feature as the highest rating NRC ever.Admittedly its coming flow a low base so that isn't as impressive as it sounds.
Got to start somewhere though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The fact this has been announced so late season feels so unplanned.

I know there's no big reason for it, but why not announced it next year pre-season and make a big thing of it?

because it us up to be won this weekend and it was felt it was a way to give the NRC more promotion now especially considering all 3 NSW teams can still make the finals (in reality 2 definitely will and most likely host finals). It will also enable the 2017 season to start with a BRB Holder which will add credence to it and support its promotion.

We wanted to launch it earlier, but it took the tahs a while to get it through the system, nonetheless getting Robinson himself fully across it.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
because it us up to be won this weekend and it was felt it was a way to give the NRC more promotion now especially considering all 3 NSW teams can still make the finals (in reality 2 definitely will and most likely host finals). It will also enable the 2017 season to start with a BRB Holder which will add credence to it and support its promotion.

We wanted to launch it earlier, but it took the tahs a while to get it through the system, nonetheless getting Robinson himself fully across it.

All fair points mate. At the end of the day, you get my kudos for getting it done.

Perhaps seeing as NSW NRC content is fairly light on (compared to Qld), you could start a page for this specific trophy posting (even reposting) anything NSW NRC related.

Right now the only good 3rd part source for content is Greg Dowden's "Shute Shield 1st grade 2016", which is a bit of fun but seems to mostly be players having a joke.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Because you have be a nsw side to win it. :D

Meant with tongue firmly in cheek, I love this sort 'side bet' trophy like the hl shield or the Andy Purcell cup and the idea of a bell as the trophy is really cool. Well done guys.

HorseSizedDuck

Peter Burge (5)
GAGR does it again! HL shield and now the BRB!

Great work by the community here to get this from an idea on a internet forum to an actually tangible trophy.

Side note:- I'm amazed at how tight lipped everyone here behind the scenes must have been to get this over the line.

I was genuinely surprised when I read about it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
GAGR does it again! HL shield and now the BRB!

Great work by the community here to get this from idea on a internet forum to an actually tangible trophy.

Side note:- I'm amazed at how tight lipped everyone here behind the scenes must have been to get this over the line.

I was genuinely surprised when I read about it.

As President Bartlett was prone to saying:

b968c71ccdd13c99fff1b6cb570fb0c0.jpg

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Gees you guys do a lot of great work to try and promote the nrc. Well done.

On side note noticed on foxsports they dropped the nrc extra time but now cover nrc briefly on rugby360. Later good as probably better to have nrc talked about on rugby360 which has bigger viewing audience to get profile.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Good chance we could have home NSW final with Eagles and Rays finishing 1st and 2nd. Would be good for the comp if final held at Sydney Venue. If Eagles make Grand Final it will be at venue of their choosing. I don't think playing the GF at a country venue would be best opportunity from a marketing and promotion of the competition perspective, even moreso if they end up playing the Rays in the GF.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Homebush or bust. Eagles/Rays final'd easily fill it! ;)
I would rather a smaller ground that is sold out - better look. North Sydney oval full would be good start. Or concord oval full.

I am sure of course Homebush tongue in cheek.