• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC onwards and upwards

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Looking forward to that first Rising home game against Fiji, just wish it was at Box Hill instead.

And the 5 day break for the Eagles between Rounds 5 and 6 will be a massive pain in the ass for them I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Looking forward to that first Rising home game against Fiji, just wish it was at Box Hill instead.

And the 5 day break for the Eagles between Rounds 5 and 6 will be a massive pain in the ass for them I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They'll never play a game at Box Hill due to the mound in the middle of the pitch. Quins have the best overall package in terms of changing rooms, pitch conditions, ability to close the gates and charge etc. Sure the parking isn't great, but it's close to a station for PT access.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
They'll never play a game at Box Hill due to the mound in the middle of the pitch. Quins have the best overall package in terms of changing rooms, pitch conditions, ability to close the gates and charge etc. Sure the parking isn't great, but it's close to a station for PT access.

I understand all the reasons, just wish it weren't so given the connections formed with the Fijian community and the Island breeze program.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I thought the same but I guess they won't be charged ground hire.

There's nothing wrong with TG Milner in terms of grounds at this level and of course it saves them money but it's just a hassle to get to from my perspective.

What's also disappointing is that I read somewhere that there was the chance of one of the games being played out my way in Camden. Not so.

T

TOCC

Yeah some really good fixtures in there..

Sydney Rays vs Greater Sydney Rams Round 2
Will be run in conjunction with the AON 7's at Macquarie Uni in Round 2.

Fiji vs NSW Country Eagles Round 3
First NRC match taken outside of Australia and big day for Fiji Rugby.

Greater Sydney Rams vs Fiji Round 6
Will be a triple header with Australian Schoolboys vs New Zealand, and Aussie Barbarians vs Fiji Schools

Brisbane City vs Greater Sydney Rams Round 8
Curtain raiser to the 3rd Bledisloe at Suncorp Stadium

I also like that the QLD teams are getting out to a few different locations with Noosa, Ipswich and the club grounds of Wests and UQ getting their first taste of NRC Rugby.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bit pissed no Rams games played at Concord as thought it was good game for rugby and also good to have games in the inner west.

I will venture out to TG Milner and hopefully worth the extra travel...as the local aspect was appealing being inner westie...

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Bit pissed no Rams games played at Concord as thought it was good game for rugby and also good to have games in the inner west.

I will venture out to TG Milner and hopefully worth the extra travel.as the local aspect was appealing being inner westie.

Bloke I'll see you at TJ Milner.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't think there is any ability to close off Quin's ground either. One side is pretty much completely open to the public.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Super excited about seeing the NRC and any looseheads, blindsides, No 8s, scrumhalves and flyhalves that come out of the woodwork.

My favourite players from the 2016 edition to have stepped up are: Isi Naisarani, Jake Gordon, Izack Rodda, Lukhan Tui, Tom Banks and Dickie Hardwick.

Any early tips of who will use the NRC as a springboard this year?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Super excited about seeing the NRC and any looseheads, blindsides, No 8s, scrumhalves and flyhalves that come out of the woodwork.

My favourite players from the 2016 edition to have stepped up are: Isi Naisarani, Jake Gordon, Izack Rodda, Lukhan Tui, Tom Banks and Dickie Hardwick.

Any early tips of who will use the NRC as a springboard this year?

Good question. I think Liam Wright and Reece Hewat as backrowers up here in Qld are worth watching.

There are actually some top quality 9s up here. They can't all get a go unfortunately, particularly because Frisby and Tuttle are likely to start for Brisbane and Country. But the likes of Moses Sorovi, Nick Chapman, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Tate McDermott and even Harry Nucifora are all legitimate future top level 9s.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Darcy Swain. Falalei Sione and Andrew Muirhead will likely have very strong involvements for the Vikings. Uelese at the Rising will definitely be one of the stars.

Edit : Also hoping for some strong game time from Valetini.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Just a question for the folks running the forum, how come I can't pick an NRC team to have their logo appear next to my posts? It seems I can pick a team from just about every other league under the sun except the NRC.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just a question for the folks running the forum, how come I can't pick an NRC team to have their logo appear next to my posts? It seems I can pick a team from just about every other league under the sun except the NRC.

Also, the John I Dent teams have never seemed to work...........