• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 1: Brisbane City v Fiji Drua

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Gees that was a great game to watch. Drua add so much value to this competition but equally Brisbane city were good value to watch today. Lucas very good at 10. But for me Fijian 8 Dyer was the player who should be on a few radars for a professional contract.
Dyer was excellent. And it’s a tad baffling that he isn’t somewhere earning good money.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Dyer was excellent. And it’s a tad baffling that he isn’t somewhere earning good money.

Yeh like WCR stated I certainly remember in NRC seasons past been fantastic as well. Who knows maybe money vs staying in Fji - latter been more important for him. As otherwise if I was any of Oz Super Rugby sides I would be speaking to him asap to sign him up.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Surprised by the size of the crowd at GPS. Was half-expecting it to be quite small.
But it was a excellent crowd, and it seems like GPS put a lot of effort into it. Roped off sections like pseudo-corporate boxes, etc.
Bouncy castle, and big slide for the kids

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sounds like GPS did it well, was going to come , but admit to strongly disliking the hassles of getting to Jeeps and finding a park so went to GPS college rugby instead, should catch the next few City home games though.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Sounds like GPS did it well, was going to come , but admit to strongly disliking the hassles of getting to Jeeps and finding a park so went to GPS college rugby instead, should catch the next few City home games though.

Mate i was worried about parking, with two young kids (3 and 5) negotiating suburban streets whilst cars fought for parks is stressful enough without having to think about the long trek back to the car with two tired little ones but they had one of the fields opened up for parking and there were tons of spots right next to the clubhouse!

Really bloody good day put on by GPS - I was super impressed. I was a bit puzzled by the gazebos and juniors running around seemingly not there for the NRC but still there in big numbers nonetheless but the break up makes it all make sense.

Big crowd, great game of footy, beautiful weather, pretty seemless access to parking, food and drink etc. Well done GPS you've set a high bar for the rest of the clubs hosting matches!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Mate i was worried about parking, with two young kids (3 and 5) negotiating suburban streets whilst cars fought for parks is stressful enough without having to think about the long trek back to the car with two tired little ones but they had one of the fields opened up for parking and there were tons of spots right next to the clubhouse!

Really bloody good day put on by GPS - I was super impressed. I was a bit puzzled by the gazebos and juniors running around seemingly not there for the NRC but still there in big numbers nonetheless but the break up makes it all make sense.

Big crowd, great game of footy, beautiful weather, pretty seemless access to parking, food and drink etc. Well done GPS you've set a high bar for the rest of the clubs hosting matches!

Sounds great Scoey, let that be a lesson to me, don't assume!!! Mind you I did enjoy the College rugby so...........