• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 1: Canberra Vikings vs Queensland Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Vikings have had their moments but some dropped balls and poor decision making has cost them a couple of try scoring opportunities, and now Qld C look to be running away with it.........

Currently Qld C 31 - Vikings 21

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Once again, when the Vikings have the ball and get going they look good.........

Fainga'a scores under the posts......... 38 - 28

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was about to write about how the Vikings props struggled tonight, but then they go and drive Qld C 5 metres and earn a penalty..........

And have to agree with Greg Martin for once - Jackson-Hope is having a blinder for Vikings........ Simone isn't going to get the 12 jersey too easily.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fainga'a bags his third try off a driving maul.........

Jackson-Hope converts from the sideline........

It's going to be a fun finish.

Qld C 38 - Vikings 35

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Puli'uvea scores near the posts after a break from McDermott...........

Qld C 45 - Vikings 35

And that should be the game with only a few minutes remaining.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And that's the game.........

I missed what happened to Hawera, but it looks like JJH might be the Vikings 10 next week.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That was a very good game of footy to watch.

Slipper was very good. As was Arnold and Timu. Thought DP was ok. Jackson Hope was impressive when moved to 10....future 10 possibilities there. Suspect he might have played his way into being considered starting at 10.

Thought Alex Casey was also very good. Banks just did not get much ball so nothing much to talk about with his performance. Lot of other performances from others worth talking about.

I thought Tuttle was also good but so was McDermott when he replaced him...feel for Tuttle as logjam behind some very good 9 options for the Reds.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I know it’s ‘only’ NRC, but gee I like what I see every time I watch Fainga'a go around.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Slipper came out at LH prop despite the team sheet, and had a blinder. He is ready if he gets the call from Cheika.

I cannot agree with Slim's almost ecstatic take on JJH. To me, he was fairly ordinary at 12 but improved when he shifted to 10. I don't think he will be more than a good fill in at Super level.

Reactions: dru
Status
Not open for further replies.