• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 1: Fiji Drua vs Melbourne Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Drua player tries to keep going on the ground and is penalised. Which is very fortunate for the Rsing as the Drua were rolling. It just seems like every pass put up by the Drua finds a support player at the moment. Great to watch.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
The Drua are the better side but what's keeping the Rising from making this a tighter game is the Rising themselves. Their handling and execution has been subpar for a side featuring a very large number of professional footballers in it. They keep getting in their own way. Slow to the ruck. Just really poor at times.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Pretty sure the try has been scored. Ratu who should have placed the ball just tried to kick out of his own in goal zone only for it to be charged down and then kept in by one of the Drua players with a support player grounding. Seriously. All we need now is the Benny Hill theme song every time the Rising touch the ball. And it's been awarded.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Had no trouble at all with the stream. Drua with a contender for try of the year in the first half, and then nailed it in the second half. No use any one trying to score a better try than that one.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
If people are still wondering if we sHould have Fiji having a pro team involved in a professional competition in our region they only have to watch this game to get that answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rebels and now the rising are making a mockery of all the talent at their disposal.

Is this a Melbourne thing? As could not see an organsation like the brumbies getting the sub par performances seeing from talent laiden rebels and rising sides.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
For me Queensland country have looked the best followed by the drua.

Force also after get their pack Mauled in the first half deserve notable mention for recovering their scrum woes in second half.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yes if talent is the only benchmark for operating a pro team. Unfortunately no-one in Fiji has been able to confirm your judgement as they haven’t seen the game. Which is syptomatic of the second half of the equation.

The’re welcome, but not if Australia has to fund it. We have enough problems of our own.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Trying to watch replay of match on Fox Sports website. Can't seem to find it. Anyone with any tips or tricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.