• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 2: Brisbane City v Western Sydney Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Paraka has looked so good at this level for 3 seasons in a row now. Why can't he replicate that at the Soup level? Is it just down to his fitness/physique? And why can't he get that right, he only looks like he's put on 5kg of muscle and only lost the same in fat? Pretty poor for two fully professional seasons.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Fab review Reg.

I must have been in the right mood for it as I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this game. As much as any Reds game I can easily recall in 2016.

Paenga Amosa, what a pest! (That's a compliment) With the Waratahs surely low on hooker stocks are they watching? In fact the Rams front row swapped dominance back and forth with the City front row - a front row I expect big things from in Super Rugby. Didnt expect that from the Rams.

Houston looking better than last week. More improvement please. Love Frisbeys work, still not convinced we stuck with the right 10 in McIntyre.

Anyone notice that the Felsman 100m try was NOT supported by a lazy Kuridrani who didnt even force contact in the tackle before passing to Felsman (if he wasnt going to run you'd think he could take a defender). Felsman was looking for him but had to do it alone.

Scott Gale turned journeyman, had a blinder. Hope it works out for him.

Role on the NRC.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Paenga Amosa, what a pest! (That's a compliment) With the Waratahs surely low on hooker stocks are they watching?

The Tahs have Latu and Roach signed from this year together with Fitzpatrick after his return from France, if Amosa's better than any of that trio I hope he gets a gig. If I was Gibson he'd get a run in a pre-season game for sure. Pfitzy and I'll run our rulers over him at Concord next weekend.

This is what the NRC's for and why we desperately need it in Australian rugby.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Just realised a very sad part of the reason I enjoyed that game so much. 21st May. That's how long before drinks, ie the last time that as a fan I watched my team win. And there werent too many before that in 2016. I feel ready for the Springboks next weekend.

May the NRC Round 2 mark the turn around.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Tahs have Latu and Roach signed from this year together with Fitzpatrick after his return from France, if Amosa's better than any of that trio I hope he gets a gig. If I was Gibson he'd get a run in a pre-season game for sure. Pfitzy and I'll run our rulers over him at Concord next weekend.

This is what the NRC's for and why we desperately need it in Australian rugby.
I think there is Hilderbrand (MMM) and Fainga'a (Uni) lurking in the background for the Tahs #2 jumper as well as Paenga-Amosa. This years Gen Blue U20 hookers Moore (Uni), and Craig (Woodies) are notionally the 3rd best at their clubs being behind Lotu, and Fainga'a, and Roach and Fitzpatrick respectively. Tahs seem to be OK for Hookers.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I think there is Hilderbrand (MMM) and Fainga'a (Uni) lurking in the background for the Tahs #2 jumper as well as Paenga-Amosa. This years Gen Blue U20 hookers Moore (Uni), and Craig (Woodies) are notionally the 3rd best at their clubs being behind Lotu, and Fainga'a, and Roach and Fitzpatrick respectively. Tahs seem to be OK for Hookers.
I think that on a contract that isn't Supplementary or injury cover, Hilterbrand is an International Marquee, having a few USA caps now. Good player, not worth sacraficing the potential to secure a Thomson, Ellison, Cubelli or Potgieter IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.