• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 2: Sydney Rays v Perth Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Rays kick it dead. Twice in this game the rays have done it.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Hands in the scrum against the spirit. Can't catch a break. Rays 5m line out now

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Spirit with a heap of possession at the end of the game. On attack. Knocked on. Rays ball Scrum to end the game

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Spirit with a high tackle after a morohan kick and chase.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Spirit back on attack but held up and turned over. Game over.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Rays emerge victorious. Came out in the 2nd half with greater energy and never really looked in danger of losing it. Much better overall game to watch in the 2nd half as well.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Half an hour with an extra man does help in 80 minutes of footy.

But i'm not commenting on the merit or otherwise of the cards from only seeing limited video.

True. But even then they hit their straps a lot sooner than the Spirit which helped a lot.

T

TOCC

At the ground it just felt as though the Rays wanted it more, they played with more passion and energy there Perth counterparts, every time a player did something positive for the Rays the whole team cheered him on gave a good hustle, just wasn't the same passion there from the Spirit.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Anyway, on to my thoughts on the players that stood out. I thought Simone was solid again woth plenty of involvements. I notice Meekes was on him all night. But still had a number of good involvements. Wildeman was probably my pick of the Rays backs. He's in a rich vein of form at present. Honourable mention to Jones. As for forwards. I'm going to give them a general group applause for their efforts. Though I thought Will Miller was their standout.

For the Spirit. Meekes looked good with ball in hand and handled Simone better than I've seen anyone manage to as yet. I thought he had a bit of an up and down Spirit debut last week but showed a lot more of his class tonight. Morahan had some nice touches but that's it really in the backs. In the pack, I like Vui's workrate and overall impact. Solid unit and a good all round footballer from what I've seen of him. Another player I like the look of is Richard Hardwick. Plays with that edge that I like to see in a forward.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
At the ground it just felt as though the Rays wanted it more, they played with more passion and energy there Perth counterparts, every time a player did something positive for the Rays the whole team cheered him on gave a good hustle, just wasn't the same passion there from the Spirit.
Got to agree there, a lot of it came from Lucas he really leads from the front and marches the side round the field with their heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.