• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 3: Sydney Stars vs Perth Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Love me some Dan. First fly half I can clearly remember running around for Glasgow. Argue his limitations all you want, 1500 points at provincial level in shit sides along with 320ish at international level is nothing to be sneezed at.

The way his playing career ended is perhaps not so bright, but so far at least he appears to be making a successful foray into coaching after returning to Aus.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
agree with Highlander, from the little i saw, i always thought he was a very "smart" rugby player. played to his strengths and knew his and his side's limitations. i thought a great reader of the game.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
agree with Highlander, from the little i saw, i always thought he was a very "smart" rugby player. played to his strengths and knew his and his side's limitations. i thought a great reader of the game.

Type of bloke that could become a handy coach, that.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
assuming this is same Dan Parks who played for Scotland in the last decade.

he and Playford seem to be getting the best out of the Stars.

IIRC he played for Edinburgh, Scotland, Cardiff, and Connacht whilst was O/S.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate.

Glasgow. 1000 bloody points for Glasgow. And 320 odd points for Scotland, which would be even larger if he wasn't stuck behind the great Chris Patterson for 75% of the tests he played.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Just checked photo of his face, was surprised as he didn't seem to have a Scottish accent.

Definitely liked what I saw with this bloke.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Parks doesn't have a Scottish accent because he's a second generation Australian. Smart enough to get into Fort Street High before turning out for West Harbour, among others.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate.

Glasgow. 1000 bloody points for Glasgow. And 320 odd points for Scotland, which would be even larger if he wasn't stuck behind the great Chris Patterson for 75% of the tests he played.

That's why I said "IIRC" - to allow it to be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.