• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 3 - Sydney vs QLD Country - Woollahra Oval - Sep 14 - 12pm

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I was at the game for what was a small crowd but easts rugby ground suited to small crowds so did not impact atmosphere. Sydney were superb and looked and played together like a team that had been together for some time. The energy and precision they brought to their game with dominant forward display and quality of defence (bar the last qld country try) was joy to watch. Burey, able, McCauley, Clarke, short etc has very good games. Few players definitely put their hands up for super rugby contacts. Qld country on the other hand lacked energy and intensity and just did not turn up.

Definitely worth the effort making it next Sydney home at wollahara as good place to watch rugby with a small crowd.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Awful performance. Dominated in the forwards and our backs were sliced apart. Sydney were superb. Need a big result in Ballarat next week.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Well we well and truly got schooled. Sydney won the contact and played with an intensity that QC (Quade Cooper) couldn't live with. For whatever reason we look extremely lethargic after the first 30 or so minutes.

Hard to see many positives however Stewart continued to show great form at 12. Wilson tried hard but was nullified by some great hits from the Sydney pigs. Our set piece was atrocious and we didn't help ourselves with poor handling and silly mistakes. Wilson in the flesh is an absolute friggin beast.

The most bizarre thing was the artificial turf @ Easts. WTF? Crowd was extremely small, maybe Coogee Oval might have been a better call. The burgers and chips looked amazing & schooners only 6.50. It was also criminally free to enter. Not that I'm complaining.

Anyway a good wakeup call for the Country boys. Hope we can bounce back next weekend.

EDIT: Will Harrison @ 5/8 looked very impressive. Please tell me he is in the Tahs squad.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I wonder if Jock and Daugunu could swap? Campbell is pretty ineffective from the back and Filipo needs more space.

Wright / Kibble into that backrow will help and our props are fairly average. Hoopert and Mafi will sure things up. Can't afford to lose anymore games now.