• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 4: Greater Sydney Rams v Queensland Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xap1/v/t1.0-1/p50x50/10563032_325459617620101_7634819428324859865_n.jpg?oh=f190d462caf2de25780450b70cb1f234&oe=5638C983&__gda__=1446364341_b7f3f9fb711b8f70a3612bc0d77265f4 vs
biRkOpjR_normal.jpeg

Where: Forshaw Park, Sydney
When: Saturday 12 September Kick Off 3:00pm AEST
Match Referee: Andrew Lees
Assistant Referees: Anthony Moyes, Amy Perrett
Broadcast Information: foxsports.com.au and FOX SPORTS Now

2015 Greater Sydney Rams Form Guide: LBL
2015 Queensland Country Form Guide: LLL

Last Time They Met: 18/09/14; Queensland Country 24 - 13 Greater Sydney Rams; Ballymore Stadium, Brisbane

Match Notes: Both sides will be desperate for their first win of the season to keep their finals hope alive in the 2015 Buildcorp NRC. After coming off the bench last week against Brisbane City, University of Queensland flyer Tom Banks will make his NRC starting debut on the wing.

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xap1/v/t1.0-1/p50x50/10563032_325459617620101_7634819428324859865_n.jpg?oh=f190d462caf2de25780450b70cb1f234&oe=5638C983&__gda__=1446364341_b7f3f9fb711b8f70a3612bc0d77265f4Greater Sydney Rams
1. Jed GILLESPIE
2. Siliva SILIVA
3. Cam BETHAM
4. Fili TUFUI
5. Marcus CARBONE
6. Jono HAYES
7. Cohen MASSON
8. Jed HOLLOWAY (C)
9. Dewet ROOS
10. Jai AYOUB
11. Brad CURTIS
12. Michael McDOUGALL
13. Denny GODINET
14. Paul ASQUITH
15. Brenden HARTMANN

16. Cameron ORR
17. Max HOLLAND
18. Matt GIBBON
19. Will MUNRO
20. Kelly MEAFAU
21. Taylor ADAMS
22. Rohan SAIFOLO
23. Jordan HEYER

biRkOpjR_normal.jpeg
Queensland Country
1. Reuben LEILUA – University of Queensland
2. Saia FAINGA’A – Reds/GPS
3. Sef FA’AGASE – Reds/University of Queensland/Beaudesert
4. Phil POTGIETER – University of Queensland/Toowoomba
5. Milton SIKUEA – Bond University/Gold Coast
6. Maclean JONES – University of Queensland/St George
7. Conor MITCHELL – University of Queensland/Sunshine Coast
8. Jack CORNELSEN – University of Queensland/Gold Coast
9. James TUTTLE – Reds/GPS
10. Sam GREENE – Reds/Brothers
11. Pierce FITZGERALD – Brothers/Townsville
12. Matt GORDON – Easts/Toowoomba
13. Campbell MAGNAY – Reds/GPS
14. Tom BANKS – Reds/University of Queensland
15. Elliott HAGEN – Easts/Sunshine Coast

Reserves
16. Alex MAFI – Reds/Bond University/Gold Coast
17. AJ CAMPBELL – Easts/Gold Coast
18. Taniela TUPOU – Reds/Brothers
19. Sam REISER – University of Queensland
20. Tyrell BARKER – Easts
21. Scott MALOLUA – Souths
22. Dion TAUMATA – Bond University/Gold Coast
23. Teti TELA – Souths

@RugbyReg says: (http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/nrc-2015-round-4-preview/)
One thing we can be almost certain of is – one of these teams will be leaving Forshaw Park, in Sylvania Waters, with their first win of the season. The Rams have bookended a 2nd round bye with a close loss to the Eagles and a rather large loss to the Vikings. Country has gone down to three of the top four teams in the competition, being the Rising, the Stars and Brisbane City.
There’s hope for both outfits however with both teams displaying a tenacity to match it with their higher placed colleagues. Perhaps its provincial bias, but I feel QLD Country have shown a little more on the park than the Rams however victory will be hard fought either way.
Key Match ups:
The 18 year old Campbell Magnay returned to the QLD Country side last week in the relatively unfamiliar position of inside centre. He did so with little drama and big results, in a memorable battle with Samu Kerevi. Eastwood’s Michael McDougall has held down the 12 jersey for the Rams so far this season and proved himself a good runner with a strong all round game and shutting down the teenage sensation opposite will be an important role for his team.
Skipper Jed Holloway is a stalwart of this Rams outfit and is a welcome first starter for the the Greater Sydney outfit at the back of the scrum and surely at the forefront of the action. His opposite No 8 is Jack Cornelsen (son of Greg) who has flittered between 6 and 8 so far this year, but at all times been impressive doing so.

Bring Back The Ruck

Herbert Moran (7)
Great to see Holloway back, that doubles our contracted players in starting line up
Only four Pirates this weekend but I'm still tipping us for our first win of the year

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Early try for Greene under the posts! Greene converts his own try and #QLDCountry take a 8-nil lead. 4min
Early sub, Sam Reiser comes on to make his #QLDCountry & @BuildcorpNRC debut for Phil Potgieter
Rams score a try of their own, conversion attempt sails left of the posts, QLDCountry maintain a 8-5 lead.
FingerS dives over for QLD Country's second try in the 11min, 13-5. Greene adds the extras and QLDCountry extend their lead to 16-5 in the 12min.
Try for the Rams, conv missed. QLDCountry lead 16-10. 30min.
Teti Tela on for Campbell Magnay to make his NRC & QLDCountry debut. 30min.

Rams cross for a try on half-time but the conv is missed, QLDCountry head into the sheds ahead 16-15.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Halftime Summary:
Greater Sydney Rams 15
Tries: B. Curtis (6), D. Godinet (30), J. Hayes (40)

Qld Country 16
Tries:S. Greene (4), S. Fainga'a (12)
Con:S. Greene (4), S. Greene (13)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tit for Tat tries to open up the second stanza, both converted

Greater Sydney Rams 23
Tries: B. Curtis (6), D. Godinet (30), J. Hayes (40), F, Tufui (49)
Con: J. Ayoub (50)

Qld Country 24
Tries:S. Greene (4), S. Fainga'a (12), R Leilua (51)
Con:S. Greene (4), S. Greene (13), S Greene (52)

58min, Alex Mafi on for FingerS at hooker.
62min, Campbell on for Leilua and Taumata on for Banks.
Greene is over for his second try, conv missed. Score is 29-23 with 12mins left in the game.
69 min, Curtis strikes back for the Rams strike back with a converted try to take the lead 31-29.
78 min, Taniela Tupou crosses for his first NRC try to edge QLD Country ahead. Conv is good. 37-31.
Full time and QLD Country have secured a 37-31 win over Rams.

Greater Sydney Rams 31
Tries: B. Curtis (6), D. Godinet (30), J. Hayes (40), F, Tufui (49), B. Curtis (68)
Con: J. Ayoub (50), J. Ayoub (69)

Qld Country 37
Tries:S. Greene (4), S. Fainga'a (12), R Leilua (51), S Greene (66), T Tupou (77)
Con:S. Greene (4), S. Greene (13), S Greene (52), S Greene (78)

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Tongan Thor seals the win with a barnstorming try to win the game 37-31. QLD Country off the mark.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pretty poor performance by Country I thought. They are getting really tested for depth. Sam Greene carried them today. Wonderful match. Give him the Red 10 now.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sorry. That was harsh on QC (Quade Cooper). considering their injuries it was a gutsy win. But bloody frustrating to watch. Lots of simple mistakes letting the Rams back into the game.

Bring Back The Ruck

Herbert Moran (7)
We got nothing all day from Lees
I havnt seen the reply yet but live at the game and with a patch covering my neutral eye I thought he ruined what could have been a decent if slightly mistake ridden match between two equal sides
Some decisions were baffling particularly at set piece time
But I can't say I'm not biased so probably not as one sided as I saw it
Thought Greene was fantastic today
For us a few players went missing at times and the backs need a few sessions of tackling practice next week!
Masson again was my mom for the rams and Asquith and Curtis were gret going forward while holloway worked extremely hard

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Agree with those players you mention BBTR.

Funny what you say about the ref as I was cursing him on the live stream!! Thought he made some bad calls against us.

I think there's a lesson in that for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.