• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC SYDNEY RAYS vs NSW COUNTRY EAGLES (RND 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to see young Harrison bounce back and I thought he matched it with Mason (who, in fairness, was largely unimpressive). One thing I've noted about Harrison is he seems to have quite a week pass, particularly left to right.

Once again Harry Burey for the Rays.

Jake Gordon a standout and he really should be on the bench for the Wallabies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to see young Harrison bounce back and I thought he matched it with Mason (who, in fairness, was largely unimpressive). One thing I've noted about Harrison is he seems to have quite a week pass, particularly left to right.

Once again Harry Burey for the Rays.

Jake Gordon a standout and he really should be on the bench for the Wallabies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I thought Latu and Vui had a lot of impact as well but both lost the ball a couple of times. Gordon is quite Perenara like the way he scythes through defensive lines at close range.

Giddy

Frank Row (1)
Still not sold on the hype surrounding Gordon. Can run against weak defence but some of those kicks were god-awful and absolutely stupid.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
The eagles forwards dominated with big runners. If it wasn't so windy it could have been worse for the rays.
Big vs light and mobile (yeah I know) was always going to end badly.

For the Rays I didn't mind Harry Burey, Latu latunipulu. Even Harrison played better.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
I think Sandall and O'Conner need to learn how to scrummage. I think both will struggle at super level.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
final score?

Sydney 19 - 33 Country

Eagles briefly had a bonus point in their grasp with their fifth try - Gordon's hat-trick - with nine minutes to go, but a late try to the Rays through Sinclair took it off 'em.

I do rate Gordon and believe he has the robustness in his game to play at the top level.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well, I'm damned if I can see any up and coming players in either squad who would be a chance of making a super team in the next year or two. Apart from those players who already turn out spasmodically for the Tahs, they are both very weak squads.
Not only weak squads but the fact we have gone from having 3 Sydney based NRC sides to one Sydney based side who is the weakest by far and destined for no wins and the wooden spoon.

Sad state of affairs for NSW rugby.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I haven't seen the game yet.

But I was watching Win TV this morning and they now take Sky News and broadcast it FTA in the mornings.

Sky had a segment on the game with some footage and talking up Gordons elevation to the Wallabies.

Small Scaps of publicity, but still nice to see it mentioned on 1 channel of mainstream FTA TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.