• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
Waverley's like any other school; the heritage of the kids is mixed...
Waverley doesn't offer scholarships, it's just hit a purple patch with a very talented crop of players..

They do have though a network of primary schools that often suggests Waverley for boys with sporting talents

S

sidelineview

They do have though a network of primary schools that often suggests Waverley for boys with sporting talents

Really? it sounds well organised.
Sport's not the only consideration for parents wanting their sons to go to Waverley.
The school falls somewhere between Cranbrook and Scots ón one end of the scale and Marcellin College (which has cheaper fees) and Public schools on the other end, as far as affordability is concerned.

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
Don't think it's necessarily well organised, just an informal Christian Brothers/ Edmund Rice arrangement.

It's still $12-13k a year, about 40% of Knox/Cranbrook/Barker/Trinity
Not exactly Silvertails v Battlers

S

sidelineview

Don't think it's necessarily well organised, just an informal Christian Brothers/ Edmund Rice arrangement.

It's still $12-13k a year, about 40% of Knox/Cranbrook/Barker/Trinity
Not exactly Silvertails v Battlers

Really? I'll have to look into it.

Not exactly on par either

T

The Green Grocer

W88,

Not sure where your post went, I am just trying to understand? Please fill me in?

T

The Green Grocer

Apparently he was offered an extra buttered finger bun every Friday from the tuck shop.

So from this response we can safely say that waves do do scholarships. Based on the fact that both you and W88 dodged the question and tried to make light of the question

T

The Green Grocer

Wow between butter fingers and giving kids a go. Waves still have no scholarships.

Again dodged the question. Looks to me the statement that waves dont do
scholarships is dead and buried. Sorry lads

S

sidelineview

So from this response we can safely say that waves do do scholarships. Based on the fact that both you and W88 dodged the question and tried to make light of the question

It was "buttered finger bun" and I was obviously being facetious.

I'm not sure who the former Newington player is and I dont know why he ended up at Waverley.

It could have been for a lot of different reasons, but Waverey definitely doest offer scholarships.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
It was "buttered finger bun" and I was obviously being facetious.

I'm not sure who the former Newington player is and I dont know why he ended up at Waverley.

It could have been for a lot of different reasons, but Waverey definitely doest offer scholarships.

Really?..... https://waverley.nsw.edu.au/information/financial-assistance-and-scholarships/......

Is that the warm smell of Colitas rising up through the air?.... errrrr , we best take this chat to the other thread before we incur the wrath of he who must be obeyed!

S

sidelineview

Really?... https://waverley.nsw.edu.au/information/financial-assistance-and-scholarships/..

Is that the warm smell of Colitas rising up through the air?.. errrrr , we best take this chat to the other thread before we incur the wrath of he who must be obeyed!

Isnt it amazing ... the poor little GPS-O-PHILES get their precious egos bruised by CAS trouncing them to NIL and Waverley College rugby hits a purple patch; dominates fancied GPS teams, so then people go fishing for the ''scholarship'' element in the equation.

''They must be offering scholarships to their rugby players; they cant be that good. They couldn't have beaten us fair and square''

Its funny to see how the sooks react when beaten.

I will look into this. Or someone else will confirm.

I know Waverley College does not go fishing for talented rugby players and offer them scholarships to switch camps. That is not the reason for the success.

but all will be revealed.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Isnt it amazing . the poor little GPS-O-PHILES get their precious egos bruised by CAS trouncing them to NIL and Waverley College rugby hits a purple patch; dominates fancied GPS teams, so then people go fishing for the ''scholarship'' element in the equation.

''They must be offering scholarships to their rugby players; they cant be that good. They couldn't have beaten us fair and square''

I know Waverley College does not go fishing for talented rugby players and offer them scholarships to switch camps, but all will be revealed.

As Billy Shakespeare would say ....Hoisted by your own petard, SLV and frankly your strange reaction speaks volumes.

Suggest you go back and read through posts on this thread since the CAS/GPS games earlier this week and you will find many, including myself offering congratulations and positive comments for the performances and hopes that the selections for NSW 1 and 2 reflected the CAS performance, which they justifiably did. It has nothing to do with scholarships or fragile egos.

No one has critiqued your beloved school. You made a blanket statement about Wavcol "definitely not offering scholarships" which is clearly not true.

S

sidelineview

As Billy Shakespeare would say ..Hoisted by your own petard, SLV and frankly your strange reaction speaks volumes.

Suggest you go back and read through posts on this thread since the CAS/GPS games earlier this week and you will find many, including myself offering congratulations and positive comments for the performances and hopes that the selections for NSW 1 and 2 reflected the CAS performance, which they justifiably did. It has nothing to do with scholarships or fragile egos.

No one has critiqued your beloved school. You made a blanket statement about Wavcol "definitely not offering scholarships" which is clearly not true.

Yes, that I did, but obviously I meant in relation to rugby. As an Old Boy, I would like to see the school attract more talented rugby players through incentives. I wouldn't object at all.

However, I can assure you this year's successful playing group is home grown.

Yes, you did offer congratulations and played the better man role .
However, you didn't mind jumping in on the scholarship issue to throw a seed of doubt into the mix.

Delayed reactions are a funny thing.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
you didn't mind jumping in on the scholarship issue to throw a seed of doubt into the mix.

Never actually entered my mind as I actually don't give a rats if a team is full of homegrown talent or paratroopers. Lads have to play the rockstars at some point. If they want to be considered the best they have to beat the best, regardless of species or pedigree

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Isnt it amazing . the poor little GPS-O-PHILES get their precious egos bruised by CAS trouncing them to NIL and Waverley College rugby hits a purple patch; dominates fancied GPS teams, so then people go fishing for the ''scholarship'' element in the equation.

I know Waverley College does not go fishing for talented rugby players and offer them scholarships to switch camps. That is not the reason for the success.

but all will be revealed.

Perhaps you would like to compile a history of GPS v CAS results as a long term average .......... I think this might answer your own question ........

S

sidelineview

Perhaps you would like to compile a history of GPS v CAS results as a long term average .... I think this might answer your own question ....

What question was that?

The old chestnut of past results ......
It's hard to cop it sweet isnt it?

CAS people are aware of past results but we're enjoying this year. It's been good so far.
would you agree?

S

sidelineview

Never actually entered my mind as I actually don't give a rats if a team is full of homegrown talent or paratroopers. Lads have to play the rockstars at some point. If they want to be considered the best they have to beat the best, regardless of species or pedigree

My mail is the CAS/GPS thing will continue next season as a comp, with some ISA school/s thrown in.

Will that get up your nose?

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
My mail is the CAS/GPS thing will continue next season as a comp, with some ISA school/s thrown in.

Will that get up your nose?

About as much as the rumour that CAS & ISA were combining without GPS would get up yours.

Whichever stupid rumour gets up all that will have been achieved is that resources and talent will be further concentrated in the private system.

Junior clubland and public schools rugby will continue to deteriorate like an old Roman ruin while Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus rosin's up his bow...

Status
Not open for further replies.