• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Barker? Interesting team to dislike. Are you a secret Knox Old Boy OlderSlower?
No not at all, cerise and blue the whole way here. I think it is sad that the rugby program at Barker has deteriorated to such a level that they will only play Joeys in the 1st XV games, never in age group A games. That pattern has been in place for a number of years now. So they rely upon outside talent and develop none, I don't think that approach teaches the right lessons to the student population. Others will disagree but that is my perspective. From what I hear many of the new boys in opens are great lads and excellent role models, so nothing against them at.

SkyBlue

Banned
No not at all, cerise and blue the whole way here. I think it is sad that the rugby program at Barker has deteriorated to such a level that they will only play Joeys in the 1st XV games, never in age group A games. That pattern has been in place for a number of years now. So they rely upon outside talent and develop none, I don't think that approach teaches the right lessons to the student population. Others will disagree but that is my perspective. From what I hear many of the new boys in opens are great lads and excellent role models, so nothing against them at.
Priorities. When you have 150 boys in each grade you can't compete with the big GPS or CAS schools organically for that matter. Especially when Barker is far more academic/artsy than most schools. You can't do it all. Also, I think the scholarship rumours have been blown out of proportion. This year the team is very import heavy, other years where Barker was successful the team was mostly organic. Anyways, we can both agree that there are not many better feelings than a Scots loss.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hi Joker

Tips;

Newington, Joeys, Shore

Wyvernboy
No JOKER tip.

This weekend you can use one JOKER per round.

Here is how it works.

1. Make a selection for one game only per round and place a capital J next to it eg. Joeys (J)
2. Indicate how much your team will win by eg Joeys (J) +35
3. If your result gets within 3 points OVER the final difference you will be given 5 points.

eg. Joeys beat View 37-3 (34 point difference). You get 3 points ONLY. (1 under the final difference)
eg. Joeys beat View 39-3 (36 point difference). You get 5 points.
eg. Joeys beat View 49-7 (42 point difference). You get 3 points ONLY.

4. If your team wins, then you will still get the 3 points

Let see how this goes this weekend and see if we can tweak or improve for the proper rounds starting after the long weekend.
Any suggestions are welcome. Please message me

Hope you are enjoying this addition to season 2022.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Three games only. See if you can get a bonus couple of tipping points on ONE game this weekend.
See above for details.

TIPS- Week 5.jpg

Typical joeys, can’t take a loss

Onside

Frank Nicholson (4)
Barker has single handedly developed, promoted and hosted a Sydney wide women's Schools 7s rugby season for several years now, and in the process has provided numerous rep players at higher levels. I'd hardly call that a deteriorating rugby program and a pattern that has been in place for years - as you describe it. The School faces the CAS unique problem of a halving of male players across the entire senior school now and I can assure the coaches are doing everything the can to maintain the code as relevant. Having a gun first XV is an excellent way of encouraging the younger boys to be a part of the action. How about you ditch the hating and the negativity - it does you no credit.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Barker has single handedly developed, promoted and hosted a Sydney wide women's Schools 7s rugby season for several years now, and in the process has provided numerous rep players at higher levels. I'd hardly call that a deteriorating rugby program and a pattern that has been in place for years - as you describe it. The School faces the CAS unique problem of a halving of male players across the entire senior school now and I can assure the coaches are doing everything the can to maintain the code as relevant. Having a gun first XV is an excellent way of encouraging the younger boys to be a part of the action. How about you ditch the hating and the negativity - it does you no credit.

Hear hear Onside. The 7's program has contributed many girls into higher honours including Piper Duck who is a big part of the Wallaroos team currently. The coaching team is first rate, with at least one them coaching at a state level. As to the boys program, plenty of home grown talent there with one Aust Schoolboys A and one Australian U20's (just announced today) just from last year - both boys started in Year 7.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Touchy, No hatred, just happy to bet against Barker. If having a good 1st XV was really the way to grow the game then Barker would be strong through all the age groups, they have had strong 1st teams for many years. the reality is the a kid playing in the 16A's at Joeys (or younger) has never played Barker. I have plenty of mates who went to Barker as does my son, all good blokes, many of them don't disagree with my thesis and in fact long before I had ever commented out loud it was a Barker father who expressed his frustration that his son who played a's the whole way through ended up in the 2's because of a direct competitor who arrived for the final 2 years...... anyway, no hatred, just a bit of banter from my perspective.

wyvernboy

Banned
Crazy schoolboy and The Front Rower

Does the 2 game suspension mean this week 4th June and 18th June Rd 1 against New ( public holiday week 11th June no game )?
If so, big loss for Scots Rd1 against New. Could be a costly few words said to the ref.

Wyvernboy

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
I was at the Joeys game. The tackle completely knocked the Joeys boy out. It was a 180 degrees spear tackle. It was the same grade as Karl Lawton two weeks ago in the NRL for Manly and he got 4 weeks. The GPS judiciary if their is such a thing needs to think very long and hard on this one as it could set dangerous precedents going forward. On a positive note both 1st XV and 2nds were great games to watch and allot of good talent. Joeys side Jorgos good and Darling at No8 went well Young Fittler super tackle. The Scots forwards have a good balance pack as to Joeys. The 2nds was an exciting game which Joeys lead and Scots had a great second half comeback thanks to no 11 young Bartlett who scored a solo try and setup a second and could have got a 2nd try himself. The Joeys 2nd were very well drilled and the backs attacked from all over the park. Lets hope these boys go onto biger and better things in the future. Should be a cracking GPS 2022 season cant wait.
Any updates on the Scots player who completely knocked the Joeys boy out?????

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Any updates on the Scots player who completely knocked the Joeys boy out?????
I don't think the Joeys boy was completely knocked out and I certainly know that the tackle wasn't 180 degrees. I didn't properly see the tackle but I don't think it was as bad as people have been saying. Also is it confirmed that Cummins actually made the tackle as many people are saying it was another player?

Status
Not open for further replies.