• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Good atmosphere by kings & view .. best passionate, back and forth cheering so far this year

Last edited:

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
My thoughts on the top of the table clash:
I was lucky to watch the fixture at Gowan Brae today to witness the top two teams go at it.
I thought that View played the better footy today. They were quicker, fitter and better in defence. I also thought that Views line speed was consistent and strong. They did get a little bit unlucky with the way of a few calls and the late intercept by Boston.
Kings however did show their size and strength. In my honest opinion, Kings are lucky to get the win. They are good at getting out of the gate early to put on some points which proves to assist them later in the game. If they didn’t, they’d struggle as their big forwards struggle to execute and keep themselves in the game for the last 10-15 minutes.
Overall a great game of rugby union and I am looking forward to the next time these two sides meet again.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
My thoughts on the top of the table clash:
I was lucky to watch the fixture at Gowan Brae today to witness the top two teams go at it.
I thought that View played the better footy today. They were quicker, fitter and better in defence. I also thought that Views line speed was consistent and strong. They did get a little bit unlucky with the way of a few calls and the late intercept by Boston.
Kings however did show their size and strength. In my honest opinion, Kings are lucky to get the win. They are good at getting out of the gate early to put on some points which proves to assist them later in the game. If they didn’t, they’d struggle as their big forwards struggle to execute and keep themselves in the game for the last 10-15 minutes.
Overall a great game of rugby union and I am looking forward to the next time these two sides meet again.
Agreed, kings had more individual brilliance, view forwards were fitter but directionless … they really needed to take it forward to fading kings pack.

Rugbynbeers

Alfred Walker (16)
kings today showed why depth is important.

kings have 9 injuries in there backline alone. The boys still went on to win in the 1st against the 2nd best side in the comp. All this talk of a poor ref ect is quite the joke to me. The ref was fair, kings were better on the day and finnaly shushed their doubters.

In the first 5 mins kings lost prop Nate Titi and had to place a year 10 boy into the game who had already played a full game in the 2nds. He was outstanding

kings 2nds and 4ths both played well getting good wins over view, kings 2nds backline was the 3rd xv backline basically 2 weeks ago, they were solid and so was there forwards and the 4ths backline seemed to play some free flowing footy but were lead by there foward pack.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Don’t know if I’d go down the better team lost route. Both very good teams and they showed it.

Kings took every opportunity offered including both of 12s tries (loose kick reception & intercept)

I would say View leave today thinking they can win that and how good is a 2 round comp to give these scenarios.

View BOG
7, 10
Kings BOG
9, 11, 12

Status
Not open for further replies.