• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lepale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Joeys have their boots on the altar tonight, jumpers washed in holy water and the local bishop is blessing each player before the game.
Its gonna be a good game tomorrow. If Kings win tomorrow you buy me a beer when Joeys play Kings at the WHITE OVAL? Joker?

Professor62

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hey guys, new to the green and gold forum and I’m very excited to watch the upcoming U16 NSW schools competition. Very eager to see any predictions for the under 16s GPS presidents team
Couldn’t agree more, looks to be an extremely talented age group with many up and comers. I believe there will be,
Joeys-10
Kings-8
View-8
Shore-6
Scots-7
Newo-7

As the age group seems to be very tight in the standings, there’s are my thoughts on how many players each school will have /46. With Joey taking majority to account for their opens players. Would also love to see any teams projected before next Sat/Sun. All from me,
-Professor

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Its GAME DAY

Here are your fearless predictions.
View are heavily tipped to savage the Shoremen, the cattle of North Parramatta should stomp the cattle dogs.
The Wookies are tipped to extract revenge on the storm troopers for the brutal assault on Kashyyyk in 2014.

Wishing everyone well today.

I am aware Kings are starting early by "pushing" some of the yr 11/12 towards Hunters Hill.

TIPs 2023- Round 5.jpg

TheRugbysmoker185

Herbert Moran (7)
Couldn’t agree more, looks to be an extremely talented age group with many up and comers. I believe there will be,
Joeys-10
Kings-8
View-8
Shore-6
Scots-7
Newo-7

As the age group seems to be very tight in the standings, there’s are my thoughts on how many players each school will have /46. With Joey taking majority to account for their opens players. Would also love to see any teams projected before next Sat/Sun. All from me,
-Professor
Would be suprised if there are 6 shore boys in the team, mabye 1 or two maximum

Maul of Duty

Stan Wickham (3)
Hi all,
I'm a newbie to this forum and it has made for some great reading.
With the chance of a wet pitch this afternoon at HH who do you think this would advantage?

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Wet pitch at HH may give Joeys a slight edge only because it may slow the Kings forwards a little and handling errors could make for a closer game. I think Joeys will need more than rain from the heavens to get over Kings.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hi all,
I'm a newbie to this forum and it has made for some great reading.
With the chance of a wet pitch this afternoon at HH who do you think this would advantage?
A wet/heavy pitch at joeys?????

There has not been such a thing since No.1 was transformed in the late 1980's

There have been wetter weeks than this.

In 2012 the Wallabies were playing the All Blacks at Stadium Australia, During the week the team was camped down at Weigall Oval for their preparation. That week though the heavens opened and every day the team trained in horrendous conditions more akin to water polo than rugby. The Wallaby management were desperate for a ground were they could have a captains run without pools of water or heavy under foot.

St Joseph's had received phone calls during this week from the Wallaby management asked to use their no.1 as it was common knowldge this oval is regarded the best drained in Sydney. Joeys declined but finally relented for the Friday. So on August 17, 2012 a coach pulled up at the gates and the Wallabies unloaded and prepared in the grandstands. A few rogue teachers (like myself) had brought their students out to the park to watch what was going on. As the team prepared, Robbie Deans was seen walking around the oval and inspecting the pitch, pushing his foot down into the ground.

Robbie soon made his way to the sideline and spoke with Brother Anthony who was there to make sure everything was above board. I was close and over heard what was said.

Deans: Well Br Boyd, this oval is great. No mud. Thank you so much for not training on this pitch.
Boyd; I am afraid you are wrong. We have had three teams training every day this week.
Deans: That is incredible. I have never seen anything like this.

As the training drew to a close Deans strode to the white picket fence and called up to the Joeys Headmaster and said in words to the effect. "Excuse me Ross, is it ok we play the All Blacks here on Saturday? This field is incredible."

Last edited:

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
You'll find that the away schools will have arranged buses to transport probably senior boys yr11/12 to the games. View has.
I was speaking to the head of Co-Curriculum at Riverview yesterday and he said that Riverview has not organised any buses to the game. Only a handful of year 12 students who have a study period in period six are allowed to sign out and go, making their own way to Northbridge. However, boys who wish to proceed to Northbridge after the school day will have to do so when the bell rings at 3:30 pm and do so by finding their own transport. He also mentioned that there are no buses for the boarders either.

Last edited:

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Corrected. Thanks
That's a shame but understandable. Guess that coould happen for a Thursday arvo game. What about next time a Friday arvo game and boys get let out early, especially long weekend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.