• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
List of schools that has a licensed bar on their grounds.

1. Joeys
4…..
List of schools that allow spectators to bring a loaded esky and BBQ (seafood platter in the case of Scots visiting) and set up on the hill:

1. Kings

and there is actually a licensed bar (tent) on homecoming (reunion) day, which is actually the final round v Joeys this year.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

1. Joeys
4…..

Shore, Scots and King's have the occasional licensed tent at their grounds, usually when Joeys visit. Kind of them to make the cerise crew feel at home...

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Will have a crack, obviously a lot changes between now and next season but I’ve been following the 16As closely and can give a decent shout.

1. Ed Cowdery/Charlie Armati (16As)
2. James Warner (1sts)
3. Felix Harvison (3rds)
4. Ed Baxter (1sts)
5. Charlie Galligan (16As)
6. Angus Reardon (2nds)
7. Marshall Le Maitre (1sts)
8. Ethan Hamilton (2nds)
9. Jack Binnie (2nds)
10. Alex Segeart (2nds)
11. Preston Scott (2nds)
12. Henry Conick (1sts)
13. Charlie Francis (16As)
14. Ollie Mackellar (1sts)
15. Lewis Kingdom (2nds)

Had to consult many team lists to pull out all of these names but this is my best shot at a full XV, obviously other boys who could make it and some players moving positions (14 and 13 swapping possibly). Happy to discuss the team with anyone and most likely have forgotten some deserving boys.
Edit: Did not realise 2nds number 8 was in year 11, he will most definitely be in the 1st XV come next year.
Collector.

Nice work Collector. Will many of that team be in year 11?

Last edited:

Ballscollector

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nice work Collector. Will many of that team by year 11?
In that team there are only 3 year 11s for next year, there are still a good amount of players in 16As who will push but ultimately be forced out by better current year 11s, Max garner is an extremely hard working hooker, Rolly Smith the 16As captain unfortunately been injured most of the season but made GPS teams without playing a GPS game and will contest Reardon for the 6 Jersey no doubt. Wingers as well will push for a spot and new incomer Dan Ritchie will make a strong push for the 9/10 jersey, also talks of Bede Clout the current number 8 moving back to prop to contest for that. All around the pitch there are some great players to back up and contest from the current 16As. Looking forward to next years season.
Collector

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Scots' main building balcony has licensed grog but need to pay to access the balconies.
No it is NOT fully licensed.

Punters pay for access and drinks are provided not sold individually.
In my day there it was a $75 a ticket and that gave you drinks and food.
I was known for getting free acces and then I would "warm up" for Saturday night. (Management was not impressed with me)
A FULL license is the ability to serve and SELL alcohol in a permanent building.
Temporary licenses are provided for one off's like Kings party play tent and the Shore sandbox fiesta.

Note the Jesuits are even drier than the Anglicans and Presbyterians?
And they call themselves Catholic.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
List of schools that allow spectators to bring a loaded esky and BBQ (seafood platter in the case of Scots visiting) and set up on the hill:

1. Kings

and there is actually a licensed bar (tent) on homecoming (reunion) day, which is actually the final round v Joeys this year.

look out for the Lebanese family with the perfect bbq set up on the corner of the kings hill.

No it is NOT fully licensed.

Punters pay for access and drinks are provided not sold individually.
In my day there it was a $75 a ticket and that gave you drinks and food.
I was known for getting free acces and then I would "warm up" for Saturday night. (Management was not impressed with me)
A FULL license is the ability to serve and SELL alcohol in a permanent building.
Temporary licenses are provided for one off's like Kings party play tent and the Shore sandbox fiesta.

Note the Jesuits are even drier than the Anglicans and Presbyterians?
And they call themselves Catholic.
Oh my bad, never been there, with the coaches for the games.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Will have a crack, obviously a lot changes between now and next season but I’ve been following the 16As closely and can give a decent shout.

2. James Warner (1sts)
3. Felix Harvison (3rds)
4. Ed Baxter (1sts)
6. Angus Reardon (2nds)
8. Ethan Hamilton (2nds)
9. Jack Binnie (2nds)
10. Alex Segeart (2nds)
11. Preston Scott (2nds)
12. Henry Conick (1sts)
15. Lewis Kingdom (2nds)

Had to consult many team lists to pull out all of these names but this is my best shot at a full XV, obviously other boys who could make it and some players moving positions (14 and 13 swapping possibly). Happy to discuss the team with anyone and most likely have forgotten some deserving boys.
Edit: Did not realise 2nds number 8 was in year 11, he will most definitely be in the 1st XV come next year.
Collector.
Bede clout at prop? He played it against Newington and played very well

SimonPhillips

Bob McCowan (2)

2. James Warner (1sts)
3. Felix Harvison (3rds)
4. Ed Baxter (1sts)
6. Angus Reardon (2nds)
8. Ethan Hamilton (2nds)
9. Jack Binnie (2nds)
10. Alex Segeart (2nds)
11. Preston Scott (2nds)
12. Henry Conick (1sts)
15. Lewis Kingdom (2nds)

Collector.
Is this a joke?

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)

1. Joeys
4…..
Piss is served in the old boys pavilion, just not whilst the game clock is ticking for 1s. Tbf, it's away an enjoyable stroll down to the sheaf or oak after so no real need for a licenced bar afterwards.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Piss is served in the old boys pavilion, just not whilst the game clock is ticking for 1s. Tbf, it's away an enjoyable stroll down to the sheaf or oak after so no real need for a licenced bar afterwards.
Catholics enjoy a stroll as well, but why walk when you can drink and enjoy free hot food!
Next time we face off on Heavens pastures join me for a beer of three. My shout.
And yes, I have been in that tent a couple of times with former students. Light weight drinkers so I have to teach them.

This might be a bit too subjective but I guess that's the fun of these forums.

What schools have the best war cries??

I mean Joeys are always loudest due to their boarder population but school's like Kings with their orchestra of trumpets and the such and Scots' bagpipes always add a lift. What do you reckon?

Status
Not open for further replies.