• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Someone posted a week ago a query about dates the Rugby season starts/finishes.

I have received this from the Kings School today.

The AAGPS have released an updated schedule for Matches in the 2023/24 Summer Sporting Season.

Competition Matches will now commence on the first Saturday of T4 2023 (14 October) and eight rounds will be played in T4. The remaining six rounds will be played in T1 2024, concluding with round 14 on 9 March 2024.

The AAGPS 2024 Head-of-the-River Regatta is now scheduled for 16 March.

The 2024 Winter Season schedule will be released later this term.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Alistair Yaffa. Has been in the 2nds for 2 years and scored 25 tries, I know of players from other schools that are glad he isn't in the 1sts. Its a bit mysterious that one.
He's outstanding. I guess he can't even be put on a Wing with the 2 blokes in the firsts. Yr 12 I'm guessing with 2 years done now?

Can't fault the 13 ahead of him either. Hard to compare because they play different opponent.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
He's outstanding. I guess he can't even be put on a Wing with the 2 blokes in the firsts. Yr 12 I'm guessing with 2 years done now?

Can't fault the 13 ahead of him either. Hard to compare because they play different opponent.
Yes that's it for him. I guess just a case of having 4 blokes for 3 spots and they made a call early in the season and stuck with it.

harryfromhay

Allen Oxlade (6)
Disappointing show from the Kings boys prior to the 1s game. A Riverview boy was speaking over the microphone about MND and the importance of the charity for the boys. Many Kings students made noise and were screaming at their players to ‘fire’ them up during his speech. Quite disrespectful to the boys who clearly put a lot of effort to raise money for a great cause.

The view old boys may not be the best at times but I don’t think they were the only ones misbehaving that day.

Frostiesview

Peter Burge (5)
Disappointing show from the Kings boys prior to the 1s game. A Riverview boy was speaking over the microphone about MND and the importance of the charity for the boys. Many Kings students made noise and were screaming at their players to ‘fire’ them up during his speech. Quite disrespectful to the boys who clearly put a lot of effort to raise money for a great cause.

The view old boys may not be the best at times but I don’t think they were the only ones misbehaving that day.

was wondering what was happening on the other side, I was standing on the hill next to the kings fellas and you could actually not hear the mic due to its volume not being the greatest.

Saw some prefects from kings once they realised something was going on they got all the boys to be quiet and still couldn’t hear the microphone. We actually believed it was a minute of silence from where we stood.

Comparing old boys yelling racial abuse and some kings boys talking during a speech which nobody other then those right next to the mic could hear is ridiculous.

RugbyHead213

Frank Row (1)
Hey Lads (and females possibly, its 2023 who knows)

Something to keep an eye on. I was talking to a few king's families on the hill at Riverview on Saturday who mentioned that there will be a King's rugby documentary after the season. In think the kid that does all the tiktok video stuff is making it. Not sure what level it will be at, but will be good to get some good BTS nonetheless. Let me know If anyone else has any info or has heard anything.

Cheers, Rugby Head.

dribble

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yes that's it for him. I guess just a case of having 4 blokes for 3 spots and they made a call early in the season and stuck with it.
He was a beast in both this and the earlier game against View. I think the Kings 2 team has a number of players that have been injured and not returned to the 1 team. I guess if you are winning .... But it is a shame when you don't give the boys (especially in y12) who are performing well a chance to compete at the higher level particularly if there are others who don't have the same form/skill.

Maybe we need a new forum for the discussion about crowd behaviour etc and stick with talking about what happens on the field...

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Hey Lads (and females possibly, its 2023 who knows)

Something to keep an eye on. I was talking to a few king's families on the hill at Riverview on Saturday who mentioned that there will be a King's rugby documentary after the season. In think the kid that does all the tiktok video stuff is making it. Not sure what level it will be at, but will be good to get some good BTS nonetheless. Let me know If anyone else has any info or has heard anything.

Cheers, Rugby Head.
Could be good. I think it's on Stan or Kayo but the series following Nudgee is a pretty good watch from a couple of years ago.

Edit: Called 'The Season' can find it on https://www.rugbypass.com/video/ if anyone is interested. 10 seasons of it now with Nudgee, Brisbane Boys College, Hamilton Boys High, Patricks College and Milford College involved.

Last edited:

Stagnation

Allen Oxlade (6)
Some of the View old boys need to 'pull their heads in'. If a certain reporter from the SMH was to attend a View home game with a camera, the school would be crucified in the media for creating such disrespectful young men. The View school boys and players, especially the 1s and 2s were fantastic. I'm now convinced that the reason View holds its home games against Joeys at Leichhardt is that it is afraid of the behaviour of some of its oldboys. Maybe some of the older and wiser View oldboys should take action because society isn't tolerating this anymore.

Good luck to Joeys over View at HH this weekend and achieving 2nd place. You have my support because you are a much more respectful rugby community. Looking forward to Kings v Joeys at Parra, especially if both teams win this weekend.
Actually one of the reasons for the move to Leichhardt was due to the behaviour of the Joeys old boys

View vs Joeys 2018 -

Watch the View winger from 2:02-2:20

Frostiesview

Peter Burge (5)
yaffa is outstanding, unlucky to miss out but when players who played 1st xv last year are in the same spot as him it is very difficult.

he was selected at the start of the season then due to injury missed out.

some key year 12 players in this 2nds kings lineup who imo play 1s at most schools.

jake Levy, Cameron orepon, Alister yaffa, lotu vunilpou, cameron Webster and Ollie mcaurthey.

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
There was just a group of them in the south east corner who were yelling out shit whenever the play was there and some goose was letting out some screechy bird noise whenever the kings 10 was about to plant his kick. I wasn't close enough to hear what they were shouting out but it just seemed like pretty standard mid-20s old boys behaviour to me, regardless of what school they were from. That's aside from the alleged racism towards the Kings winger, I haven't heard about ththat.
You aren't talking about that group who were hanging around the 20m mark?

If so i don't believe they could be racist. Some of them weren't Anglo-Saxon .

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Foxsports reporting "Jesse Mclean is an outside chance of making an NRL debut" for the Panthers.

Does show the standard of the comp that boys are playing to a such a level. Max J being fantastic for the Tahs and the performance of many in the U20s just gone who are only 1-2 years out.

Status
Not open for further replies.