• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

RushingRob

Herbert Moran (7)
Best rivalries in the GPS?

1. View vs Joeys. (obviously)
2. Scots vs Joeys. (always a screamer of a game, 1992-1994 & 2012-2018 battles, the 'Inside man working at Scots, much more)
3. High vs Grammar. (. Battle of the selective schools, lots of history when they were two extremely quality sides, big crowds)
4. View vs Shore. (battle of the river, battle of Blue & white)
5.Joeys vs Kings. (two normally dominant sides and always a game with quality)
6. Pretty much any other team against Joeys. (huge crowds, quality)

Any significant others?

harryfromhay

Allen Oxlade (6)

2. Scots vs Joeys. (always a screamer of a game, 1992-1994 & 2012-2018 battles, the 'Inside man working at Scots, much more)
3. High vs Grammar. (. Battle of the selective schools, lots of history when they were two extremely quality sides, big crowds)

Any significant others?
The GPS vs Scots

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)

Any significant others?
Newington vs Kings, two of the oldest rugby schools in the country.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
No school likes eachother. Are there any friends within AAGPS? Didn't think so.
Well Rob, there was a time when Joeys and Shore enjoyed a friendship. The two schools had boarders from the same areas in NSW. Catholics came to Joeys, the Anglicans went to Shore. In year 7, I played Shore and the guy packing down against me was a tough opponent, not dirty but a nice bloke. At full time he introduced himself and wished me the best. I saw him later that day at Northbridge were his family had come down from Warialda. He came over and asked me if I wanted to join him and his mum and dad. That was the start of a great friendship which culminated in him standing beside me years later handing me the wedding rings.

Before social media, we all seemed to get along. It was simple times. There were rivals but we didn't actually hate anyone. Sure we all didn't like Scots mostly but that was common. View? That was cultural rivalry for Joeys but we all new each other anyway. Shore and Kings....generally good blokes from the bush, Newington was ok, High were harmless and Grammar would sledge in Latin to be clever.

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Well Rob, there was a time when Joeys and Shore enjoyed a friendship. The two schools had boarders from the same areas in NSW. Catholics came to Joeys, the Anglicans went to Shore. In year 7, I played Shore and the guy packing down against me was a tough opponent, not dirty but a nice bloke. At full time he introduced himself and wished me the best. I saw him later that day at Northbridge were his family had come down from Warialda. He came over and asked me if I wanted to join him and his mum and dad. That was the start of a great friendship which culminated in him standing beside me years later handing me the wedding rings.

Before social media, we all seemed to get along. It was simple times. There were rivals but we didn't actually hate anyone. Sure we all didn't like Scots mostly but that was common. View? That was cultural rivalry for Joeys but we all new each other anyway. Shore and Kings....generally good blokes from the bush, Newington was ok, High were harmless and Grammar would sledge in Latin to be clever.
I think in the new age it's not really about who are friends more of who actually respects eachother. I think that differs in each AAGPS sport to be honest. People respect the dominance of Joey's Rugby Program over the last 10 years, however people also respect the success of Shore's Rowing. It's hard to tell if any schools are mates nowadays but their is definitely still respect for the performances that different School's put out on the sporting track.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
LAST CALL FOR RESULTS for NEWINGTON v SCOTS

The stats team are waiting for these. NO results, NO Tables for 2023.
Please, if anyone in the respective communities could please let us know, then the tables will be complete.
This has dragged on too long this week and the stats team are waiting but with not infinite patience.

will-you-help-me-need-help.gif

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
A big thank you to all those who provided results throughout the 13 rounds. These tables are not possible without your support.

A massive thank you to the statistics team led by @Ace Ventura who diligently worked away on these and provided us with the most comprehensive set of data in Sydney Schools. This is a massive job and it deserves massive praise. Please show love at the 2024 thread.

well that is it. Nothing more to add than we made it. We endured two shutdowns, Riverview invasion and plenty of those who wanted to speak about “you know what”. A big thank you to the newbies who contributed so very well in particular students who were able to curb their behavior and contribute in a positive fashion. A shout out to @cyclopath who showed patience and faith that we would get here.

if I missed anyone, my apologies. I look forward to another season in 2024 and the chance to interact with you all.

My picks

Team of the year. Nicotine 9ths from View followed y Joeys 13E’s
Poster of the year. @The Ghost of Raelene and @bullocks
Newbie of the year. @propsarespeedy
Heroes of the year. The View lads who came and had a Chat.
Sly bastard of the year. @marlins merchant
Lurker of the year. Scots College legal team
Most valuable poster @ItsNotPink
Triangle polisher @Balmain Subbies

Ok @cyclopath..,,. Close this bad boy down.

#freeIggy

Last edited:

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
A big thank you to all those who provided results throughout the 13 rounds. These tables are not possible without your support.

A massive thank you to the statistics team led by @Ace Ventura who diligently worked away on these and provided us with the most comprehensive set of data in Sydney Schools. This is a massive job and it deserves massive praise. Please show love at the 2024 thread.

well that is it. Nothing more to add than we made it. We endured two shutdowns, Riverview invasion and plenty of those who wanted to speak about “you know what”. A big thank you to the newbies who contributed so very well in particular students who were able to curb their behavior and contribute in a positive fashion. A shout out to @cyclopath who showed patience and faith that we would get here.

if I missed anyone, my apologies. I look forward to another season in 2024 and the chance to interact with you all.

My picks

Team of the year. Nicotine 9ths from View followed y Joeys 13E’s
Poster of the year. @The Ghost of Raelene and @bullocks
Newbie of the year. @propsarespeedy
Heroes of the year. The View lads who came and had a Chat.
Sly bastard of the year. @marlins merchant
Lurker of the year. Scots College legal team
Most valuable poster @ItsNotPink
Triangle polisher @Balmain Subbies

Ok @cyclopath..,,. Close this bad boy down.

#freeIggy
honoured to recieve the award, thanks for a quality season of green and gold. Big news for 2024 as Scots are considering a "Green and Gold Rugby" elective for next year which would be great to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.