• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
View Vs New scores

1st XV View 20 - 14 Newington
2nd XV View 28 - 25 Newington
3rd XV View 31 - 0 Newington
4th XV View 19 - 17 Newington
16A View 12 - 5 Newington
15A View 24 - 22 Newington
Newington 15A largely weakened without star player Jarryd king. Broken foot I'm pretty sure, don't know how long he's out for.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
My enjoyment from members on here losing their minds over the clock stopping with a minute to go is nothing short of of an outright victory by the boys in gold and blue. @Joker will attest to the Joeys trick of stopping it at 2mins. It is still spoken in hush tones in the east about the robbery by the gents in pink in 94. For refence the clock guide. The referee will blow time on and off as he sees fit and unlike rugby on tv it does not reflect the score board clock.

In all great game and even better was Scots getting the draw after playing against 16 opponents. I still cannot understand how the Joeys 7 was not red carded for taking the player out in the air. But again, Labor is in power these days so not much makes sense.

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
No conspiracy here. Joeys had every opportunity to better support the ball carrier on the last play, but didn’t happen. Well done Scots on a great comeback.

Terrific first round to get the ball rolling this season! Kings clearly favourites but as a Joeys supporter the team were terrific yesterday. Yes, fell asleep for the middle of the second half, left a lot of points out there, but given we were doubting if they had a decent team, the answer was a definitive ‘yes’!

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
My enjoyment from members on here losing their minds over the clock stopping with a minute to go is nothing short of of an outright victory by the boys in gold and blue. @Joker will attest to the Joeys trick of stopping it at 2mins. It is still spoken in hush tones in the east about the robbery by the gents in pink in 94. For refence the clock guide. The referee will blow time on and off as he sees fit and unlike rugby on tv it does not reflect the score board clock.

In all great game and even better was Scots getting the draw after playing against 16 opponents. I still cannot understand how the Joeys 7 was not red carded for taking the player out in the air. But again, Labor is in power these days so not much makes sense.
All credit to Scots for staging an incredible recovery, as for playing against 16 opponents, seriously?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

The Joeys "trick of stopping the clock" with two minutes to go is a homage to earlier days when referees had complete power over time. For those who continue to say refs are "sole judge of time and law", the iRB allowed referees to appoint official timekeepers some time in the early 2000s. Joeys, in this instance, have quaintly not moved with the times.

The tackle by the Joeys 7 was RIGHT in front of me. I don't have access to any replay so I'm happy to stand corrected; I thought the Scots fella had a toe on the ground. If he didn't it was a matter of poor timing rather than any malevolent intention. YC every day.

BTW, I'm former Level 1 referee and former Level 2 touchie. For those of you who know me I had a habit of publicly taking off my Joeys cap before reffing and putting on a Tahs cap I kept for the occasion. I deplore hometown referees, and decisions.

Great game, fair result. The ref kept proper time on his watch, there were significant passages of injury which weren't reflected on the scoreboard time. He did an outstanding job.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The Joeys "trick of stopping the clock" with two minutes to go is a homage to earlier days when referees had complete power over time. For those who continue to say refs are "sole judge of time and law", the iRB allowed referees to appoint official timekeepers some time in the early 2000s. Joeys, in this instance, have quaintly not moved with the times.

The tackle by the Joeys 7 was RIGHT in front of me. I don't have access to any replay so I'm happy to stand corrected; I thought the Scots fella had a toe on the ground. If he didn't it was a matter of poor timing rather than any malevolent intention. YC every day.

BTW, I'm former Level 1 referee and former Level 2 touchie. For those of you who know me I had a habit of publicly taking off my Joeys cap before reffing and putting on a Tahs cap I kept for the occasion. I deplore hometown referees, and decisions.

Great game, fair result. The ref kept proper time on his watch, there were significant passages of injury which weren't reflected on the scoreboard time. He did an outstanding job.
I’ve watched the the Joeys v Scots game now and I’d be pretty pissed if I was Joeys. Can’t be up 21 and let it slip. Scots definitely can consider that 1 point in the table as a get out of jail. Scots seemed startled by the start of Joeys and I don’t know why but the fight back was impressive. Run down by Knox and Scots… few laps coming Tuesday?

I can be quick to climb into a ref but the 4 games Ive watched. 1sts, 2nds & 3rds View v New and Joeys v Scots I thought they were all pretty good. Nice to see some younger refs do well. Seen the same old heads ruining games the last few years.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
I’ve watched the the Joeys v Scots game now and I’d be pretty pissed if I was Joeys. Can’t be up 21 and let it slip. Scots definitely can consider that 1 point in the table as a get out of jail. Scots seemed startled by the start of Joeys and I don’t know why but the fight back was impressive. Run down by Knox and Scots… few laps coming Tuesday?

I can be quick to climb into a ref but the 4 games Ive watched. 1sts, 2nds & 3rds View v New and Joeys v Scots I thought they were all pretty good. Nice to see some younger refs do well. Seen the same old heads ruining games the last few years.
Run down by Knox and Scots. Must be something in the haggis.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Results of tipping Round 1

Results Week 3.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
It wasn’t an excuse, the big lead should never have been surrendered, Scots did well to get back into the game. it was a CAS supporter who made the comment regarding robbery. The fact is there is no injury time in schoolboy rugby and the ref didn’t for some reason know that. Why do you have such a large chip on your shoulder?
Red is a just a CAS supporter coming into our sandbox to stir up trouble. Ignore him and let him fade into anonymity.
By providing him with no oxygen, the school boy will leave.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Scots either had a hell of wake up rant at half time or a sort of “ rope a dope” game plan… either way it was a very impressive comeback. Be it on purpose or dumb luck the substitutions in the second half also breathed life into their side . Credit it Joeys too, for not completely crumbling to the Scots onslaught and actually pulling into the lead with a min to go, they never gave up .. I think all in all a draw is fair outcome … remember the competition is now a marathon not a sprint, so different tactics will be place to keep the boys motivated and healthy … can’t wait for the rematch at HH .

also well done to both Scots and joeys supporters for Turning out and making a cracker atmosphere.

Last edited:

That_Halfback

Frank Row (1)
Tom Duddy absolutely creamed in the Joeys game against Scots, rumour has it the pitch has a hole in it now. Scots forwards played ordinarily, most of their opportunities were found by the backs within 12 and 13. Much weaker GPS competition this year, in my opinion every team from 2022 would beat all of these teams in 2023. Its an interesting thought ...

Status
Not open for further replies.