• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Outstanding results are now:
  • Kings v View for
    • 16Bs
    • 15Bs
    • 14Bs
    • 13Bs
  • Scots v Shore
    • 16As
Don't forget we still haven't got the following Round 2 results:
  • Newington v Kings
    • 16Bs
    • 15Bs

Round 2 results

16B's
Kings 15 New 5

15B's
Kings 59 New 7

Plenty of View students/supporters on this thread..........Kings v View last Saturday.
16B's ?
15B's ?
14B's ?
13B's ?

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Kentwell's Riverview v Joeys Thoughts:

The headliner! The match that stops the North Shore. Its been many years since View have beat joeys in the GPS and i'm sure those years of hurt have rallied up the View boys. Coming off the loss to Kings the View team got their wakeup call. The forwards will be key for Riverview to be able to make plenty of space to run out the joe boys that seem to lack cohesion. This said, Joeys suffered a devastating loss last week and won't go down easy. I have Riverview by double digits simply because of their 70 min performances they have regularly performed. Joeys are good in patches but their forward pack is just not as drilled in as View's one and I can't see the Joeys backs making up for it. If the game wasn't at Leichhardt i'd say it would be unwinnable for joeys.
This is coming from a Riverview Old Boy, Please don’t count Joeys out. I said this last year that in GPS footy is about who wants it more, and especially when it comes to the Marists vs Jesuits, no matter how good a team is or their position on the ladder. Over the last 8 years most Cerise vs Royal Blue games has been within 5 points at the 60th minute mark. This is a battle of passion and who’s going to step up at when it comes down to it.

As I’m typing this Darren Lockyer is saying that “Origin comes down to effort”, and the same goes for Joeys Riverview matchup.

Saying that, I hope this famous and talked about Riverview fitness comes into play during that last 10 minutes. Fingers crossed.

Jack Gallagher

Allen Oxlade (6)
And don't forget Joker that the 1990 Joeys 1st XV did not have a single try scored against them in the competition rounds conceding only 9 points from 3 penalties.

The 2019 Joeys GPS Championship 1st XV may not be quite at that level but has already produced Bokenham (Waratahs), Chan (Australian U20), Dowling (Australian 7s / Waratahs), Gibbs (Norths 1st grade / Manly), O'Kane (Ireland Rugby League), Websdale, Houston, O'Brien (Randwick 1sts) and its still early days to see how far some of these players will go.

Chan 1st grade for Randwick. Okane was recently cut from the tigers.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
With Joeys winless from three games I predict some changes this weekend’s must win game. When Joeys pulled the 10 last week midway second half things were afoot. They have other playmakers

What changes should Joeys make?

Oldboy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Half the underage games? My understanding is that Riverview won 16ABCEF, 15ACD, 14ABCDE & 13BCDE
The games I know about:
1s Kings
2s Kings
16A view
15a kings
14a view
13a kings

View and joeys have great rugby culture but saying view has more than kings is ridiculous. I bet the view rugby boys felt the kings rugby culture on the field last Sat.

there’s a lot of rugby school spirit in this photo…..

IMG_3547.jpeg

dribble

Frank Nicholson (4)
The games I know about:
1s Kings
2s Kings
16A view
15a kings
14a view
13a kings

View and joeys have great rugby culture but saying view has more than kings is ridiculous. I bet the view rugby boys felt the kings rugby culture on the field last Sat.

there’s a lot of rugby school spirit in this photo…..

View attachment 16255
The shame about your photo it doesn’t show that view has more boys there. Yes you had some good support but that would be about 20% of the school. If it was joeys - they fill the entire stand

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
With Joeys winless from three games I predict some changes this weekend’s must win game. When Joeys pulled the 10 last week midway second half things were afoot. They have other playmakers

What changes should Joeys make?
It was a poor decision to pull the 10 imho. The change that occurred was that the forwards stepped up and created momentum. unfortunately 12 has been an issue and they really need OJ back. Also missing 2 Young gave Newington inside backs too much room to run through that channel. So the changes I would make? Get the Lourdes water out and bring back OJ , Young and Doyle…. That probably isn’t possible so they will make other changes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.