• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Round 4 Results
Round 4 was a great round of matches that left us with a single undefeated team – Scots. They continue on their march to the premiership with a big win over Riverview. In the upset of the comp so far, Shore ended Grammar’s undefeated run in a tense encounter at Rushcutters Bay. Grammar are not out of it by any means as they meet Scots in the final round. Kings also sit one loss back and they must be considered a chance to share the premiership and retain the shield with three rounds to go.

Scots 33 d Riverview 10
What a match this was and a comprehensive victory by Scots over Riverview. The Scots forwards dominated this match with an effective pick and drive strategy that resulted in a number of tries including two in the first half. Riverview had no answer for the Scots forward domination and despite their best efforts trailed 12-5 at the break. Scots added another three tries in the second half and while Riverview scored a good try, they were never really in the match. Riverview host Kings next round, while Scots travel to Northbridge to take on the resurgent Shore side in what will definitely be match of the round.

Shore 12 d Grammar 5
In the biggest upset of the competition so far, Shore defeated a previously undefeated Grammar in a tense match at Weigall. It was one try each at the break and Shore led 7-5 with only a conversion the difference. The second half was a tight battle with both teams having opportunities to score. The Shore try that sealed the match was an excellent play to the left winger that made it 12-5 and that was the final score. Grammar continually threatened the Shore line at the northern end, but Shore defence held up extremely well and they were able to withstand the Grammar attack and get away with the points. Shore host Scots next week in what will be another great contest while Grammar travel to Centennial Park for the annual Battle of the Selective GPS Schools against High.

Kings 32 d TAS 12
No match coverage available for this game but it finished as expected with a comfortable win to Kings at home. My TAS contact indicated that TAS had some positive moments in the game, but Kings were ultimately too strong as expected. Kings remain one loss back now, equal with Grammar, and they play Riverview next week. They definitely need to win that match. TAS travel to Hunters Hill which is a big ask having two consecutive rounds away in Sydney, and they look like they have a big task there based on current form.

Joeys 56 d High 7
Joeys had a good win over High at Centennial Park and remain two losses back on the table. It is becoming increasingly unlikely that this will be close enough to share the premiership, as Scots are not looking like they are going to drop two matches in the remaining three rounds, but anything is possible. Joeys are back home next week against a travelling TAS side while High host Grammar at home.

Current 3rd XV ladder points
Scots - 8
Kings & Grammar - 6
Joeys, Riverview & Shore – 4
TAS – 2
High - 0

Regards
INP

Last edited:

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
3rd XV Round 4 Results
Round 4 was a great round of matches that left us with a single undefeated team – Scots. They continue on their march to the premiership with a big win over Riverview. In the upset of the comp so far, Shore ended Grammar’s undefeated run in a tense encounter at Rushcutters Bay. Grammar are not out of it by any means as they meet Scots in the final round. Kings also sit one loss back and they must be considered a chance to share the premiership and retain the shield with three rounds to go.

Scots 33 d Riverview 10
What a match this was and a comprehensive victory by Scots over Riverview. The Scots forwards dominated this match with an effective pick and drive strategy that resulted in a number of tries including two in the first half. Riverview had no answer for the Scots forward domination and despite their best efforts trailed 12-5 at the break. Scots added another three tries in the second half and while Riverview scored a good try, they were never really in the match. Riverview host Kings next round, while Scots travel to Northbridge to take on the resurgent Shore side in what will definitely be match of the round.

Shore 12 d Grammar 5
In the biggest upset of the competition so far, Shore defeated a previously undefeated Grammar in a tense match at Weigall. It was one try each at the break and Shore led 7-5 with only a conversion the difference. The second half was a tight battle with both teams having opportunities to score. The Shore try that sealed the match was an excellent play to the left winger that made it 12-5 and that was the final score. Grammar continually threatened the Shore line at the northern end, but Shore defence held up extremely well and they were able to withstand the Grammar attack and get away with the points. Shore host Scots next week in what will be another great contest while Grammar travel to Centennial Park for the annual Battle of the Selective GPS Schools against High.

Kings 32 d TAS 12
No match coverage available for this game but it finished as expected with a comfortable win to Kings at home. My TAS contact indicated that TAS had some positive moments in the game, but Kings were ultimately too strong as expected. Kings remain one loss back now, equal with Grammar, and they play Riverview next week. They definitely need to win that match. TAS travel to Hunters Hill which is a big ask having two consecutive rounds away in Sydney, and they look like they have a big task there based on current form.

Joeys 34 d High 7
Joeys had a good win over High at Centennial Park and remain two losses back on the table. It is becoming increasingly unlikely that this will be close enough to share the premiership, as Scots are not looking like they are going to drop two matches in the remaining three rounds, but anything is possible. Joeys are back home next week against a travelling TAS side while High host Grammar at home.

Current 3rd XV ladder points
Scots - 8
Kings & Grammar - 6
Joeys, Riverview & Shore – 4
TAS – 2
High - 0

Regards
INP
Joeys beat High 56-7, not 34-7, The AAGPS website is wrong.

Oldboy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone know if Boston and others are likely to be back from injury for Kings v View this weekend? A few key players missing didn't impact Kings too much against New but New didn't apply any pressure for sustained periods like View can.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Anyone know if Boston and others are likely to be back from injury for Kings v View this weekend? A few key players missing didn't impact Kings too much against New but New didn't apply any pressure for sustained periods like View can.
I believe Boston is back, unsure about Maroun.

Last edited:
View vs Kings shaping up to be the match of the round! Any early predictions?
Crowd will be the defining factor for this match. King's crowd has seemed to be lacking this year compared to other years (despite the recent success). View's crowd has pushed them over the line in many of the matches so far. shaping up to be a good one.

TAP

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
Crowd will be the defining factor for this match. King's crowd has seemed to be lacking this year compared to other years (despite the recent success). View's crowd has pushed them over the line in many of the matches so far. shaping up to be a good one.

TAP
Agreed. The View crowd has contributed to the success of the First XV. As seen when absent vs SHORE, they copped a loss.

Great turnout from the View boys this year. This is proven by having a larger crowd than Scots on the weekend.

In fact, the last time View versed Kings, View's crowd was larger than Kings and IT WAS A KINGS HOME GAME.

Shaping up to be an exciting round of rugby union.

Last edited:

ruckandcoke123

Stan Wickham (3)
Agreed. The View crowd has been a pivotal point in the success of the First XV. As seen when absent vs SHORE, they copped a loss.

Great turnout from the View boys this year. This is proven by having a larger crowd than Scots on the weekend.

In fact, the last time View versed Kings, View's crowd was larger than Kings and IT WAS A KINGS HOME GAME.

Shaping up to be an exciting round of rugby union.
the scots crowd was much bigger then the view crowd so im not sure how this was a "pivotal point" in their success this season especially in this game. Full credit goes to the view team and coaching staff
Ruck & coke

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I'd agree that they probably weren't bigger but being a home game and it really wasn't that much bigger that the. View boys and it was certainly pretty quite. Wouldn't have even known Scots scored towards the end. Compared to the maybe 40 blokes that were at Riverview for the earlier fixture this year I think View have it covered.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
If there is one game Kings supporters need to get to it's this weekends game against View.
View at home will have huge support knowing that an upset may give them a shot at a joint premiership. One more win to Kings and the shield goes to Parramatta. Surely the kings faithful will travel to Lane Cove for this one.
As I said before, at full strength, Kings will be too strong for a determined View 1st XV. I hope I'm wrong and I will be supporting them but having watched Kings, I think they will have too many game breakers if they have good ball.

mr footy head

Stan Wickham (3)
number ten for Riverview is the best number 10 I have seen since myself back in 1994. He absolutely dominated and ran his troops around perfectly and always seemed to pass to the right person. reminded me of myself lots back in the day.

cheers footy head

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
View have produced very good no.10's lately ( Bowen, Dillon etc ) and I'm happy for you mr footy head that you think you were in that class.
Let's hope he has a cracker this weekend.
View's forwards need to give their backs good, clean ball for the 10 to weave his magic. Big matches are won up front. No doubt View will last the whole game, it's a matter of withstanding the initial King's momentum. If View can hold their scrum, win their lineouts and have an even amount of possession, then I think View's backline can and may win it.
Can't wait. What's the weather looking like ? If it rains, I think it will suit View ( home ground and their forwards may be better conditioned ).

Status
Not open for further replies.