• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
61AA17A6-2056-4DAD-820E-83C8C718EE77.jpeg
0CDB30D3-2BA1-4C2F-99B3-20D8BFEACE55.jpeg
EA503534-7E68-491F-8BEA-E5983BF9B087.jpeg

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey guys muffin here.

I'm wondering who would everyone put in the AAGPS team of the year. Mine would be

1. Hamish Grover (I) Hard worker, awesome scrumer
2. Bailey Park (K) awesome scrumer
3. Lipina Ata (N) Good at line outs and loves to run the ball
4. Toby Brial (S) awesome scrumer and line out jumper
5. Hamish Long (I) Without a doubt one of the hardest workers in the Riverview first XV I've noticed and is an amazing line out jumper
6. Austin Durbich (K) Always looking to slow down the ball and is great to have on the team
7. Benji Noble (I) - Hardest working player in the AAGPS by a country mile. He is in every ruck and every play
8. Liam Sullivan (I) Hard working 8
9. Henry Curll (I) - I know controversial but feel has been much more dangerous this year or kings 9 as he has been consistent all year.
10. Joe Dillon (I) Has been the most dominant 10 this year cant wait to see where he goes from here
11. Hadley Tonga (K) Has been great all year very consistent and to cant wait to see what 2024 holds for him.
12. Boston Fakafanua (K) Great line runner and aswome ball player
13. Liam Grover (I) Has been pretty good all year the hop to beat the outsider defenders he to has had a great year.
14. Pat Spora (I) I know controversial but nobody has scored on his wing yet. Also so incredibly under rated
15. Leo Jaques (S) His been a bit hit and miss early in the year but has really found his feet in the 15 jersey.

@Joker do you agree and what is your AAGPS team of the year.
Riverview and more delusions of grandeur, full strength Joeys by 16 tom’w

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
3rds being away pushes the 4xv fixture at 1pm, usually a very entertaining game and tempers tend to flare. 16As also at 12pm which should be good quality.

from my understanding only kings and
Joeys haven’t lost a game in the 4th division and Scot’s have dropped 3 games to kings and joeys.

@KOB1987 would you be able to confirm this ?
Which part are you wanting confirmation of? Kings 4s had a draw with Shore in the first round and have won every game since so yes they are undefeated. I don’t know about the other teams though.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
For full transparency
Note I am a long way behind so pay no attention to me.
The only thing I can pick with any certainty is a label off a beer bottle.

1691150147674.png

PBear

Bob McCowan (2)
3rd XV Round 6 – 5 August
It’s the second-last round of the 3rd XV competition this week, and Scots already have one hand on the Col Windon Shield. They remain undefeated after five rounds, one win clear of Grammar with all the other teams further back. A win this week against High guarantees Scots at least a share of the premiership.
Grammar play a must-win game against Kings this week, and if they can win that they will go into the final round of the competition against Scots, playing for a share of the premiership. What a match that would be.
Still there is plenty of interest this week in Joeys v Riverview at Hunters Hill and Shore travel to Armidale to play TAS, who will be very pleased to be playing at home for their final match of the competition.

Grammar 1st XV v Kings 3rd XV
Definitely Match of the Round this week. Grammar need to win it to have any chance of sharing the premiership, while Kings would be looking to stop them after a close loss to Riverview last round. Grammar would still be lamenting their loss to Shore, who Kings defeated a couple of weeks ago. So, this match is dangerous for Grammar with Kings quite capable of causing the upset at Rushcutters Bay. I think with the premiership on the line, home field advantage and vocal home crowd support, Grammar will rise to the occasion and can record a narrow win, but it is certain to be a cracker of a game that could go either way. It’s an early 11:00am kick off at Weigall so don’t miss it.
Grammar by 2.

High 1st XV v Scots 3rd XV
This is the final competition match for High as they played their round 7 clash against TAS earlier in the year. Scots need to win this match at Centennial Park to guarantee at least as share of the premiership and they would be favoured to do this. I expect that High will put up a good effort as they have the whole season, but that Scots will win and continue their march to their first 3rd XV premiership since 2014.
Scots by 10.

Joeys 3rd XV v Riverview 3rd XV
Both Joeys and Riverview have had two losses so far in the competition, but that will not lessen the importance of this fixture as both teams will be very keen to win the match against their long term rivals. Both are coming off good wins last round, and with all open grades of Joeys v Riverview at Hunters Hill, you can expect a large crowd and plenty of excitement in the match. I will definitely be there for an on-the-spot INP report, and as you would expect I am predicting Joeys by a converted try on full time.
Joeys by 7.

TAS 1st XV v Shore 3rd XV
TAS will be very happy to be playing their final competition match at home with all the travel they have been doing recently. Shore travel to Armidale for what should be a good contest even though neither team can figure in the premiership this year. Shore had a loss to undefeated Scots last week, but should be strong enough to overcome TAS who are coming off a loss at Hunters Hill last round.
Shore by 10

INP
Kings by 10
Scots by 50
Joeys by 30
Shore by 20

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I have not had the emotional space to create my fearless culinary preview for this weekend block buster at Heaven’s pastures. So instead, I have decided to write a story explaining the whole Riverview v Joeys rivalry thingy. Trust me.

Ok, everyone settle down, Uncle Joker has a story to tell. “Once Upon a time…..

God was sitting down on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in his golden rumpus room also known as Las Vegas. The simple 500L fridge was well stocked, well it was always stocked, for God had never seen it not so. The Tim Tam’s were out in force, the bowl of chicken Twisties at the ready, the 600inch Ultra 18k TV was warmed up and Cluch was about to start. Even the NBN was working well. This was truly heaven!

God could not have been happier. And wouldn’t you know it, someone had to come along and disturb the big guy just as the game kicked off. Lucky for God he can pause the universe with a thought and strained his head to see who was interrupting his “me, myself, I time”. God did not like interruptions and he had even turned down his prayer radio so he couldn’t hear the constant requests for assistance from the pesky Presbyterians and pious Anglicans.

Standing in golden archway was Jesus. He was looking flummoxed and he approached his dad and collapsed into the cloud next to his father.

“Dad?” said Jesus

“Yes, my son,” replied the Lord, “what is the problem?”

“It is about today’s game,” and he nodded in the direction of the TV.

“Oh that,” replied The Lord, “what is it this year? I thought you making the posts fall over, saving the Joeys Old Boys from injury at the Leichardt stand collapse and letting Joey win a game four minutes after the bell as some of your best work. What is the issue?”

Jesus sighed a deep sigh and looked into the distance ignoring the unicorns prancing in heavens meadows. “Well Dad, I have a big decision this year. All week both schools have been praying up a storm. The Jesuits of course just can’t enough of what I do. They constantly tell me how good Frank is doing as Pope and can we have more Jesuits please in power. Plus, they believe they are due for a double win over the Marists. I thought the win earlier this season would be enough. You know, I did not allow Joeys passes to reach their mark and I even allowed Joeys players to collide, and I even blinded the match official that very moment. It seems they want even more.”

“That sounds like they really want your blessing this year my son,” replied the Lord as he grabbed another handful of Twisties. (The hole that was left magically refilled) This was not the answer though Jesus wanted for he had another issue.

“Father, I know we say the meek shall inherit the earth and blessed are the cheese makers…”

“Peacemakers……,” the Lord interjected

“Peacemakers. cheesemakers…...., but those noisy Marists have just been singing every day and every night. Yes, “Ancient Words” is getting a bit tired. Joeys lads have been attending mass every day, wearing Rosary beads to bed, blessing their rugby jumpers and even watering their number 1 oval with Holy Water. They are doing some serious lobbying that even the ALP in Canberra are noticing. I just can’t decide whom I shall turn my face to and bless with my gaze. Do you understand?” Jesus asked.

The Lord pondered his son’s dilemma for a few moments and then spoke his wisest words….

“Go ask your mother.”

Jesus soon found himself in a large room full of new born babies floating on clouds with Mother Mary blessing them all with her serene gaze from her sapphire blue eyes. Angels strummed harps above her head and her clothing shone with brilliant white and blue light. “Mum,” Jesus said, “can you help me please?”

“Certainly darling, what is the problem. Is your father eating all the Twisties again? Is he turning the unicorns into dinosaurs?”

“No, not this time, it is just how do I pick between Riverview and Joeys? They both are so good.”

“Listen to me my dear, it is simple. Do you love your mother?”

“Yes of course, “replied Jesus

“With all your heart? With your strength?”

“Yes mother, all that I have and more, I will love you till the end of days even when Uncle Lucifer comes back”

“And so my child, if you love me with all your heart and soul, then you must then chose the team that loves me just as much as you love me. Does that make sense?” asked Mary.

“Well,” replied Jesus, “that is easy, then I choose Joeys as they love you as much as I do.”

“Yes, that is correct” said Our Lady, “but as well, I just like to mess with the Jesuits anyway.”

And with that, the love of Jesus shone down upon Heavens Pasture and the cattle dogs once again heaped disappointment onto the View lads. And in the distance, a serene statue perched on top of sandstone building enjoyed a quiet smile to herself.

Last edited:

Cockatoo Run

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great read Joker! What a terrific game we have on the cards today. Joeys on a huge roll and on an ambitious target to go 5-0 for the second round. With Jorgensen and Doyle adding the missing power ingredients they now look more than capable.

As for View, that team doesn’t know how to stay out of the contest. Depends on how much the tyres got deflated by Kings last week I suppose. Expecting a big roll up just prior to kick off due to the Bledisloe test finishing about 2.30. HHH might be bursting at the seams for that one. Crowd of 6,000-10,000 expected based on the security arrangements.

Status
Not open for further replies.