• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

RushingRob

Herbert Moran (7)
I have heard the same. The 13As were also supposed to be moved up to the Bs comp around halfway through the season, but I am not sure how many they ended up rescheduling. I know they played Kings Cs last week, so it could be a bit of both. They have great talent in the team, but you do worry about numbers. They only have 5 teams in 4 age groups. The coaching staff at Grammar are doing a good job, but I think the school needs to encourage more boys to join to get some depth. The current Year 11 and 12 age groups had 2-3 teams in junior years, which is probably part of the reason that they are now having success
Grammar's 14A dominance against the C's has caused them to play Scots 14B's now.

If true, bloody good on them, could we see a 7 team comp in the future?

Can a student please confirm?

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
For those kiddies who do not know how good he was....enjoy

Camp could win you games and lose games. He was a brilliant, unpredictable and a pure rugby magician that with all the structures and frameworks and pod systems we will probably never see the likes of again.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Grammar's 14A dominance against the C's has caused them to play Scots 14B's now.

7 team comp - not going to happen

my info is that Grammar is playing the Scots 14Cs this week.

The "glory days"

Bob McCowan (2)
Is hiwi sharps injury going to be short or long term ?

you’d assume a 9 would be added to the Gen blue squad after the news, who would they add? Taite howels and lachy smith would both be up for consideration I’d say.
Lachy Smith didn't get picked for either Aus teams nor even as a shadow. Taite was u16 Genblue and they pick the same kids every year so he will probably get called up. Based on selections however, Darcy Standfield would be next in line (CAS). Orpin, Curll would be better off playing with their counterparts/coaches.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Ok Subbies, you wanted JOEYS centric.
Beat this bad boy created by the great Lee Grant with a couple of changes by me
Damn hard job when you have so many Wallabies to chose from (54)
Maybe I could an Australia A side as well with just Joeys boys?

Years listed are those they played for the Wallabies.

15. Terry Curley (1957-59)
14. Arthur Tonkin (1947-50)
13. Matt Burke (1993-2004)
12. Jack Blomey (1949-50)
11. Tom Wright (2020-present)
10. Kurtley Beale (2009-2022)
9. Luke Burgess (2008-2011)
8. John O'Gorman (1961-67)
7. Ted Heinrich (1961-63)
6. Jack Ford (1925-30)
5. Ted Fahey (1912-14)
4. Steve Williams (1980-85) [Captain]
3. Declan Curran (1980-83)
2. Chris Carberry (1973-82)
1. Bill Young (2000-2005)

Notes
15. Curley's career was shortened because of the commencement of his Marist brother training.

13. Burke played outside centre for Oz Schools and Joeys had a plethora of good fullbacks over the years compared to other positions.

10. Likewise Beale is picked at flyhalf.

7. Heinrich played other backrow positions also, but otherwise I would have had to have picked Lipman, a Pom.

6. Ford played mainly at 8, but he played some at 7 for Oz, and this is my post.

4/5 Williams and Fahey – both Wallaby captains.

3. Tough choice between Curran and Jake Howard whose career coincided with that of Wallaby great Ray Prosser.
No no @Joker I want your all time GPS wallabies team not your Joeys wallabies team.....I could of done that with Scots as well

Oldboy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Agree, as high quality as this kings one is looking to be, you can tell that the culture is incomparable to other schools, even despite their success. Does anyone have any sons at other GPS schools because I know Kings only practice war cry's twice a term and only have 3 compulsory fixtures. That probably explains the lack of culture to an extent.

Both had John Eales. Greatest Wallaby of all time and a MARIST boy.
...who sent his boy to View....sorry couldn't help myself.

laybronjames

Frank Row (1)
Lachy Smith didn't get picked for either Aus teams nor even as a shadow. Taite was u16 Genblue and they pick the same kids every year so he will probably get called up. Based on selections however, Darcy Standfield would be next in line (CAS). Orpin, Curll would be better off playing with their counterparts/coaches.
I've heard that Boys selected in those Aus teams cannot be called into Gen Blue so it seems Lachy Smith or someone playing Colts like Nick Lamming would have a good chance.

CasualObserver

Bob McCowan (2)

Why doesn't High open up selections to all kids at a state school, then it can back to an 8 team comp and High can field multiple teams in the underages as well.

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)

It certainly seems that Grammar are beginning to improve, could we see a renaissance of the old Grammar and move them back in to make it 7?

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
It certainly seems that Grammar are beginning to improve, could we see a renaissance of the old Grammar and move them back in to make it 7?
I think you would find that as well as Grammar 1’s did in 3rd
Grade this year they would be obliterated playing in the 1’s comp. They have some good players but you can’t make up for years of only challenging yourself against lower grade teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.