• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
With the season all wrapped up, interesting question as to what the AAGPS Team of the Season would look like. Anyone care to share?
Mine would be:
1. Hamish Grover
2. Angus Phillips
3. Cormac Kelly
4. Hamish Long
5. Phoenix Graham
6. Ryan Devlin
7. Benji Noble
8. Liam Sullivan
9. Henry Curll
10. Joe Dillon
11. Tom Hartman
12. William Hayes
13. Liam Grover
14. Patrick Spora
15. Nick Newton
RESERVES
16. Mismam Kris
17. Russell Whap
18. Lachlan Fitzgerald
19. Maxwell Whittaker
20. Rory Dwyer
21. Ben Bousie
22. Max Barnes

Coach: Lachlan Paul
Manager: James Patterson

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ok, here we go....

The winner of the 2023 AAGPS TIPPING COMPETITION IS.....

A TIE

After 13 rounds of tipping it came down to the final round with just one set of tips bringing home the result. This is the second year in a row we have had two winners. Thanks to all who played all the rounds out. I hope you enjoyed yourselves this season. Next year bigger and better and maybe even a proper prize.

Congratulations

Rugbyau and MarlinsMerchant

1691916724091.png
and
1691916755813.png

Any issue please let me know.
Tipping was difficult last week. If I missed you let me know.

Results Week 13.jpg

TheRugbysmoker185

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mine would be:
1. Hamish Grover
2. Angus Phillips
3. Cormac Kelly
4. Hamish Long
5. Phoenix Graham
6. Ryan Devlin
7. Benji Noble
8. Liam Sullivan
9. Henry Curll
10. Joe Dillon
11. Tom Hartman
12. William Hayes
13. Liam Grover
14. Patrick Spora
15. Nick Newton
RESERVES
16. Mismam Kris
17. Russell Whap
18. Lachlan Fitzgerald
19. Maxwell Whittaker
20. Rory Dwyer
21. Ben Bousie
22. Max Barnes

Tell me your a view boy without telling me your a view boy!

TheRugbysmoker185

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeh Joker, I look foward to reading this forum, your hard work and enthusiasm about Gps rugby is amazing, looking foward to many more years. It's Jokers world and we're just living in it.

amazingadelaide

Bob McCowan (2)
Mine would be:
1. Hamish Grover
2. Angus Phillips
3. Cormac Kelly
4. Hamish Long
5. Phoenix Graham
6. Ryan Devlin
7. Benji Noble
8. Liam Sullivan
9. Henry Curll
10. Joe Dillon
11. Tom Hartman
12. William Hayes
13. Liam Grover
14. Patrick Spora
15. Nick Newton
RESERVES
16. Mismam Kris
17. Russell Whap
18. Lachlan Fitzgerald
19. Maxwell Whittaker
20. Rory Dwyer
21. Ben Bousie
22. Max Barnes

Dwyer unlucky not to get a look into the starting XV for me.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
3rd XV Final Report
Congratulations to Scots 3rd XV who claimed the 3rd XV premiership and the Col Windon Shield as Undefeated Champions for the first time ever. This was Scots first outright 3rd XV premiership and their first premiership since they shared it in 2014. And they absolutely deserved it. Grammar fought well in the final match but were outclassed by Scots and finished the season equal second with Joeys. It was a great season with many great matches and a very close contest in the end.
1691926010869.png

Scots 12 d Grammar 0
The match for the premiership was a great contest at Bellevue Hill, but Scots were in command the entire game. They retained possession very well and worked their efficient pick and drive to gain territory and create opportunities. They scored two tries in the match and that was enough. Grammar fought hard, but they could not cross the Scots line. Congratulations to Scots on a great season and a well deserved premiership. It's a tough one to win, particularly winning seven matches in a row. Grammar also had an excellent year with only two losses and while they would be disappointed to lose at Bellevue Hill, they have represented their school with distinction in 2023.

Joeys 32 d Kings 17
Joeys proved their ability at Kings with a comprehensive victory on JS White Oval. This followed their big win over Riverview and it has to be said that the Joeys team that finished the competition was much improved from the way they started. They should also be pleased with their equal second place. Kings finished the season with just three wins and for a team that promised a lot early on, they finished further down the ladder, but had a few close losses that made the difference.

Shore 11 d Riverview 10
What a cracking game this was at Riverview with a penalty on the final bell giving Shore a one-point victory. A scoreless first half was followed by a very tense final 25 minutes where both teams scored a single try. Riverview had the majority of possession, but Shore defended well and their final drive resulted in a penalty that sealed the victory. That win enabled Shore to finish clear 4th on the competition table, with some great performances to show for it. Well done Shore! Riverview and Kings finished equal 5th and handed back the Col Windon Shield that they jointly won last year.

TAS 17 d High 5
This Round 7 clash was played earlier in the season and resulted in the only win for TAS this year. They have played well in the competition, but were a little off the pace this year. High were vastly improved from last year (where they did not score a single point) but remained winless in 2023. Let's hope their rugby resurgence continues in 2024 and that they can continue to be competitive in the 3rd XV GPS competition.

That's it for me in 2023 and I look froward to covering the 3rd XV competition next year.

Regards
INP

Footy head

Herbert Moran (7)
just wondering if any other schools are going to the world cup in france. I know that the newington u16 groupe is going but are any other schools going?

Status
Not open for further replies.