• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
I doubt there will be a stand out this year like Kings were last year. Very even competition and with the ten rounds a couple of losses may still mean you win the comp. Injuries and back up will once again play a big part and squads will become important.
Not sure how the goal kickers look for each team but they will be important in the close games.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I don't think Scots should be written off after a bad day out against New, you may remember in 2015 Scots lost to New at Scots in Round 1 and went on to win the Chocolates. I do believe that Scots has a serious cultural problem developed under the now sidelined Director of Rugby, who has been rewarded as the Director of Sport, notwithstanding 5-6 seasons of strong teams with no impression under his ''control''.
The problem Scots seems to have post Marcus Blackburn in 2014 is that they can never seem to muscle up to a champion team, when they are a team of champions, look at the GF in 2019 at Joeys as a point in case.
Hey Rob. Nice to hear from you again. I am sure we could get @BalmainSubbies to join when us dogs are playing at the Death Star.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I appreciate your passion and honesty. 2019 at HH was one of my absolute all time favourite games (C and B tinged glasses), nah nah nah na nah nah na, hey Jude. It was right up there with 94, any game in 90 or 91 and most certainly the Centenary year.
1981 was the best finish ever. Beats View v Joeys @ the swamp in 2018.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Is this the year we see a three way premiership like the last time Shore touched the silverware in 2006?

Double round is proving to be excellent and I'm struggling to see anyone go undefeated when you have to beat everyone away looking at the trials.

the one who knocks

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey there @the one who knocks

I appreciate your insights, especially about the upcoming season. It's always interesting to see how teams evolve as the competition progresses. Speaking of which, I have a proposition for you. While you may not see Kings as a dark horse yet, I believe they're in a development stage that could surprise many. Kings' have potential and they are definitely a fare shot against the other teams. Would love to hear your opinion on this?

Just remember... "The Dragon does breathe fire"

Watch your doorstep, you might hear a couple knocks.

From yours truly

- The BEE
Knock Knock,

Appreciate it Bee but lets not get confused your no dragon only a bee, and I do the knocking around here, but lets stick to footy. Speaking of knocking Joeys and Newington have knocked on Scots's top position and I'm waiting to see how Scots will answer. Aren't most teams in the developmental stage? Anyway I do see kings having a couple close games with the likes of View but I don't see them doing particularly well this season but I would love them to surprise me, but I just don't think its gonna happen. Especially with a lacking backline and not a particularly big forward pack. They are drawing from younger years with not a lot of experience in the older years. Due to this as well as the skill, size and work rate of many other schools I can only see Kings battling it out for a lower position on the ladder.

-The One Who Knocks

Soupnasty

Bob McCowan (2)
After surfing GPS, ISA and CAS forums I have gathered information of scores and power rankings to create one NSW schools ranking at this stage of the season. It is as follows:
1. Shore
2. Newington
3. Scots
4. Oakhill
5. Joeys
6. Auggies
7. Riverview
8. Barker
9. Kings
10. Pats
11. Knox
12. Waverly
13. Pius
14. Trinity
15. Kinross
16. Cranebrook
17. Gregs
18. Aloys
19. Stannies
Let me know your thoughts
Ha Ha
Auggies who couldn't beat Japanese high school teams are 6th?
Barker is number 1 in CAS despite losing to Oakhill, Riverview and in QLD?
Oakhill is ahead of Joeys when they are playing their 2nd 15 this weekend?
Try again

thesolicitor

Bob McCowan (2)
After surfing GPS, ISA and CAS forums I have gathered information of scores and power rankings to create one NSW schools ranking at this stage of the season. It is as follows:
1. Shore
2. Newington
3. Scots
4. Oakhill
5. Joeys
6. Auggies
7. Riverview
8. Barker
9. Kings
10. Pats
11. Knox
12. Waverly
13. Pius
14. Trinity
15. Kinross
16. Cranebrook
17. Gregs
18. Aloys
19. Stannies
Shore looking to have the best side the school has seen in nearly 20 years

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
1. Shore
2. Newington
3. Scots
4. Oakhill
5. Joeys
6. Auggies
7. Riverview
8. Barker
9. Kings
10. Pats
11. Knox
12. Waverly
13. Pius
14. Trinity
15. Kinross
16. Cranebrook
17. Gregs
18. Aloys
19. Stannies
Grammar would feel aggrieved to not make the list after beating No 18 last Saturday.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
I don't think Scots should be written off after a bad day out against New, you may remember in 2015 Scots lost to New at Scots in Round 1 and went on to win the Chocolates. I do believe that Scots has a serious cultural problem developed under the now sidelined Director of Rugby, who has been rewarded as the Director of Sport, notwithstanding 5-6 seasons of strong teams with no impression under his ''control''.
The problem Scots seems to have post Marcus Blackburn in 2014 is that they can never seem to muscle up to a champion team, when they are a team of champions, look at the GF in 2019 at Joeys as a point in case.
Newington also won the GPS comp in 2015. What sort of comparison are you making lol

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
@Bouncy Ben
I'd simply say way too early.

I'd put Knox higher - beat Newington in the 1/2 game. Lost to Kings with a yellow, lost last week to Joey's in a tight one.

Oakhill and Auggies look good, but I'd be surprised if that high.

(And Waverley has an extra e, and Cranbrook doesn't.)

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
@Bouncy Ben
I'd simply say way too early.

I'd put Knox higher - beat Newington in the 1/2 game. Lost to Kings with a yellow, lost last week to Joey's in a tight one.

Oakhill and Auggies look good, but I'd be surprised if that high.

(And Waverley has an extra e, and Cranbrook doesn't.)
Knox at 2nd place whilst losing 3 of their 4 starting trials? Lol what

Agent

Alfred Walker (16)
Made an account just to post fake injury notices about Scots players

Was about 12 months ago to the day someone made a similar post about Marshall LeMaitre. He played every game last year and some comic got their 5 minutes of glory having put a stupid post up with no facts behind it. I might have to eat my words but I bet I don’t!

RushingRob

Chris McKivat (8)
Scots, this weekend against Stannies, are resting some of the senior players and playing more of a mixed 1s & 2s side with players being given more of a chance to prove themselves. Thoughts?

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Knox at 2nd place whilst losing 3 of their 4 starting trials
Say what.. I said higher, not 2nd, and they've only played three games (two as halves on the same weekend)

I said higher (than 11th on that list)
Knox has won v #2 on that list, and lost narrowly to #5 and #9.

Anyhow will see this weekend v Shore and also get a comparison to Joeys.

Certainly on last weekend appears GPS look a lot better vs CAS this year, but not sure I'd put the other schools that high.