• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Balmain Subbies

Darby Loudon (17)
ROUND 1 RESULTS

This weeks winner an old sparing partner of mine young Balmain Subbies
Closely followed by another Scottish cat strangler

Lose- 0
Win- 3 points if your margin is BELOW +5 of the final score
Win- 5 points if your margin is ABOVE and WITHIN the +5
Win- 10 points you pick the margin exactly
DRAW- If you select a draw 20 points

Enjoy

View attachment 18951

Thank you to those who have sent results. A table showing the gaps will be posted soon.
Much appreciate the support.
@Joker wow, that is a surprise. I just based my tips on the results of the 16As & 14E's last year.

DrDanieCraven

Bob McCowan (2)
I have to say whenever names are discussed on this forum, it’s the same old names from every school. Some are valid, but in a lot of cases it’s just that no-one really makes much effort to look beyond the usual suspects. Go back through this forum and think when you saw a prospect mentioned that wasn’t in the following list: Shore - Warner, Le Maitre; Scots - Brial, Jacques, Fittler; Joeys - Greer, Fowler, Taumoepeau; Newington - Cleverly, Makasini, Rodwell - and so on.
It’s hard to believe that these are the only players making an impact every weekend, of course they’re not, it’s just that they’re the names that people know.
I’d challenge everyone here to find and mention a player from the weekend who influenced a game and who isn't on the above list.

RushingRob

Sydney Middleton (9)
I have to say whenever names are discussed on this forum, it’s the same old names from every school. Some are valid, but in a lot of cases it’s just that no-one really makes much effort to look beyond the usual suspects. Go back through this forum and think when you saw a prospect mentioned that wasn’t in the following list: Shore - Warner, Le Maitre; Scots - Brial, Jacques, Fittler; Joeys - Greer, Fowler, Taumoepeau; Newington - Cleverly, Makasini, Rodwell - and so on.
It’s hard to believe that these are the only players making an impact every weekend, of course they’re not, it’s just that they’re the names that people know.
I’d challenge everyone here to find and mention a player from the weekend who influenced a game and who isn't on the above list.
Soepono for scots?

Here for the advice

Bob McCowan (2)
Having watched View vs Shore backrower turned Prop - #3 Harvison carries well and early days as a prop but the scrum looked solid - he made some rep sides via club rugby pathway last season and was not getting a look in via GPS. Also on a slippery pitch the Shore Fullback offered some zipp.

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
I just watched the Shore vs View game and the whole crowd seemed as if they were yelling at Grover... can't really control the hundred or so maggot old boys at Scots but all of Shore crowd?
View old boys were giving it to the Shore kicker too. Just not something that is easily stopped I'm afraid.

MurraySmith

Frank Row (1)

I completely agree, especially in the 2nd XV. Kaleb Ward (Joeys, #3), The young man from Singleton, delivered an outstanding performance, excelling in all aspects of his role. Defensively, Ward was outstanding. He made countless tackles throughout the game, demonstrating not only his physical strength but also his tackling technique. Each tackle was executed with precision, often stopping Newingtons momentum and leading to turnovers. Wards presence in the defensive line was a deterrent to the opposition, who struggled to break through the robust defense. Beyond individual skills, Wards personal performance had a profound impact on the team’s overall play. His leadership in the scrum set the tone for forward dominance, while defensive efforts and ball-carrying provided stability and go-forward. Wards improved work ethic and physical presence from last weeks loss to Oakhill inspired Joeys and contributed significantly to the team’s victory. Unfortunately, Ward is known for wanting to walk off the field, with speculation he faked a head knock last week to come off in the dying minutes of the game. Despite this, I hope to see the young man’s success this coming season.

InsiderScoop

Sydney Middleton (9)
TOTW Round 1.

1. Hayden Lavercombe (Kings)
2. James Warner (Shore)
3. Christopher Quinn (Joeys)
4. Dan Smith (Riverview)
5. Arthur Greer (Joeys)
6. Luca Cleverley (Newington)
7. Johannas Logan (Joeys)
8. Justice Taumoepeau (Joeys)
9. Angus Grover (Riverview)
10. Toby Rodwell (Newington)
11. Ben Bousie (Riverview)
12. Heinz Lemoto (Scots)
13. Baxter Warner (Newington)
14. Kynan Hart (Joeys)
15. Jay Mckenzie (Scots)

HM
Charlie Ulcoq (Scots)
Isaac Fonua (Kings)
Evertt Oxemham (Kings)
Jai Callagnan (Shore)

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thanks for the score updates. Anymore.
I have 14As Scots 24-12 kings and 14Bs Scots 17-5 Kings.

Apologies for errors in tipping. Hard to do at the moment. Getting one of my sons now to check the work.

S

Snowy Mountains

Will be interesting to see what TSC coaches do. They are unable to exit when under pressure with the current set up. 2nds had a strong game with the likes of Newman, Patterson and Johnson all pressuring the first XV coaches.
The 12 was strong but has a host of backs in front of him. Big prop in red headgear must be close to a call up to try and stabilise what was a tough day scrummaging for the 1st XV.
TSC not big on making changes, you only have to look at the trial games. Newington gave them a touch up with not a single bench player used or a positional change made.
Feedback after the 1st XV not singing the song is not good amongst the parent or student body. I think this is one of the issues at the college, they think it all about the 1st XV. The singing of the song is about thanking the supporters (students, parents and friends) and congratulating the college on its efforts in all rugby fixtures. To not do this is a slap in the face, I say the students should boycott the next 1st XV home game. Head home after the completion of the 2nds fixture.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Snowy Mountains

Mate if you think any scots students are gonna boycott the firsts you're off your head. The Firsts have made the decision to only sing Auld Lang Syne after victories which is fair enough if they want to do that. They played their asses off on the weekend and First XV students were on the main supporting from very early in the day, they don't think that it's "all about them".
No one mentioned the players think it's all about them. Back to class RR.

BananaMan

Stan Wickham (3)
Joeys - would have to split it between Hart, Palmisani and Logan. All 3 were extremely busy during the game both offensively and defensively.

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
Mate if you think any scots students are gonna boycott the firsts you're off your head. The Firsts have made the decision to only sing Auld Lang Syne after victories which is fair enough if they want to do that. They played their asses off on the weekend and First XV students were on the main supporting from very early in the day, they don't think that it's "all about them".
To add 3 members of the 1stXV were at the 14B and 14A games running water for the 14-age group. Unfortunately, folks tend to focus on the bad things not the good things. I know the 14 age group at Scots and parents were so happy to have the three Scots 1stXV running water, offering advice it meant allot to the younger kids.