• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
Incorrect. the 16's age group team was completely dominant up until this year when injuries and promotions to opens put a stop to the thrashings. That team's strongest players include a number of young year 11's.
Agree as the 2022 under 15 won the GPS averaging 42-6, so I’d assume they’ll be very competitive 2024/25 in opens

Frostiesview

Peter Burge (5)
Incorrect. the 16's age group team was completely dominant up until this year when injuries and promotions to opens put a stop to the thrashings. That team's strongest players include a number of young year 11's.

probably didn’t word this the best

That’s what I meant by the year 11s next year (referring to year 10s currently) who are a very dominant age group.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
probably didn’t word this the best

That’s what I meant by the year 11s next year (referring to year 10s currently) who are a very dominant age group.
There will be 4 or 5 yr 11’s (current year 10’s) in the 1’s next year. You underestimate how many of the strong players in the 16’s age group are in year 11 this year. Most of them have either been in opens this year or injured.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Ridiculous that the 2023 forum has been locked, hope it opens up soon. Are any of the GPS schools going overseas or playing off-season games once the GPS season is done? Hopefully we're able to maybe get a Kings vs the best qld gps team. Does anyone have predictions for next year, praying for Scots to go well, I definitely have faith.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Going overseas is hard when it's the HSC for a lot of the boys by that point of the year. You then aren't getting a true reflection of the side.

I think Scots will have a very strong year with so many boys back and some very good players back. Joeys will be good (what's new) and I think View will be there depending on how they can replace guys like the 7,10,13 who are elite at this level. 16s are strong and there are some good yr 11 players in the current squad.

I feel like Kings will fall back into the middle but won't be bad. This season has so many good players that won't be back throughout 1sts & 2nds they will be working with a new group. Shore will be consistent with a couple of stand out players to win them a match here or there. We shouldn't expect them to grow into a juggernaut. They haven't been one for 40 years but gee it's good to see them back to winning/being in almost every game.

Newington....who knows. I don't know what ages the players are if anyone else knows if they are yr12 heavy or 11? I have questioned there tactics throughout this year as it seems directionless and very much a give it to the big/fast/rep player and see. Disappointing because a few of the other Newington boys that made GPS and NSW sides really performed beyond what been shown at the School game level.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Going overseas is hard when it's the HSC for a lot of the boys by that point of the year. You then aren't getting a true reflection of the side.

I think Scots will have a very strong year with so many boys back and some very good players back. Joeys will be good (what's new) and I think View will be there depending on how they can replace guys like the 7,10,13 who are elite at this level. 16s are strong and there are some good yr 11 players in the current squad.

I feel like Kings will fall back into the middle but won't be bad. This season has so many good players that won't be back throughout 1sts & 2nds they will be working with a new group. Shore will be consistent with a couple of stand out players to win them a match here or there. We shouldn't expect them to grow into a juggernaut. They haven't been one for 40 years but gee it's good to see them back to winning/being in almost every game.

Newington....who knows. I don't know what ages the players are if anyone else knows if they are yr12 heavy or 11? I have questioned there tactics throughout this year as it seems directionless and very much a give it to the big/fast/rep player and see. Disappointing because a few of the other Newington boys that made GPS and NSW sides really performed beyond what been shown at the School game level.
Views 16's only appear strong because other schools have sent so many to opens. They are solid but not rally that strong. You take the 9's game management out of the team and they would be quite different.

If last year was a 10-round comp do you think Joeys would have been undefeated or if not who would beat them, thoughts
Wow, imagining Joeys participating in a 10-round competition and going undefeated is indeed quite an outrageous thought! Joeys must be an extraordinary team to achieve such a feat, considering the unpredictable nature of sports and the challenges that come with maintaining a perfect record throughout a lengthy competition.

In reality, predicting the outcome of a hypothetical scenario like this is impossible, as numerous variables and factors could influence the results. Even the strongest teams face unexpected upsets and challenges, making it highly unlikely for any team to go undefeated in such a competitive setting.

Sports are all about unpredictability, passion, and excitement, and that's what makes them so thrilling to watch and participate in. It's important to celebrate the achievements of teams and athletes without burdening them with unrealistic expectations or speculating about hypothetical situations.

Regardless, such discussions can add fun and excitement to sports fandom, but it's crucial to remember that in the real world, sports outcomes remain uncertain and that every team has its strengths and weaknesses, making the competition enjoyable and captivating for fans all over the world.

Sorry for the long quirky response, I was feeling a bit silly today.

louis fenwicke

Frank Row (1)
Wow, imagining Joeys participating in a 10-round competition and going undefeated is indeed quite an outrageous thought! Joeys must be an extraordinary team to achieve such a feat, considering the unpredictable nature of sports and the challenges that come with maintaining a perfect record throughout a lengthy competition.

In reality, predicting the outcome of a hypothetical scenario like this is impossible, as numerous variables and factors could influence the results. Even the strongest teams face unexpected upsets and challenges, making it highly unlikely for any team to go undefeated in such a competitive setting.

Sports are all about unpredictability, passion, and excitement, and that's what makes them so thrilling to watch and participate in. It's important to celebrate the achievements of teams and athletes without burdening them with unrealistic expectations or speculating about hypothetical situations.

Regardless, such discussions can add fun and excitement to sports fandom, but it's crucial to remember that in the real world, sports outcomes remain uncertain and that every team has its strengths and weaknesses, making the competition enjoyable and captivating for fans all over the world.

Sorry for the long quirky response, I was feeling a bit silly today.
No need to apologize! Your response is indeed fun and highlights the essence of sports: the unpredictability and excitement that keeps us engaged as fans. It's true that speculating about hypothetical scenarios can be amusing, but it's equally important to appreciate the reality of sports and the efforts put in by teams and athletes regardless of the outcome.

In the real world, sports are a platform for showcasing talent, dedication, and teamwork. The joy of witnessing great performances, epic battles, and unexpected upsets is what makes sports so compelling and captivating. So, let's continue to enjoy the excitement and thrill of sports while celebrating the achievements of teams and athletes in their real-world endeavors!

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)

The Newington 1stXV backline will be star studded next year. Rodwell, Humpries, Farr- Jones and the current FB who's injured. The forwards will be the issue. If Newington can match it in the forwards, then they will be very strong.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
The Newington 1stXV backline will be star studded next year. Rodwell, Humpries, Farr- Jones and the current FB who's injured. The forwards will be the issue. If Newington can match it in the forwards, then they will be very strong.
The forwards, that's the big "if"for a few teams next year. Scots faced the same issue, no shortage of talent in the backline. So perhaps the answer to the riddle of who will win in '24 will be found if you work out who will have the best forward pack.

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Joker, something to add to your photo library.

Newington scored the first points to be displayed on our brand new scoreboard on the Johnson Oval against St Joseph's on the weekend. Little did the athletes know that 100 years prior, Newington rugby players had more than just the opposition to contend with – they had to look out for cow pats!

Dairy cows were kept at the College and provided milk for our students until 1927, and one of their favourite grazing paddocks was the Johnson Oval.

1691044190107.png

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
All very good players. Again, it’s how the puzzle gets put together at Newington that seems to be biggest factor holding them back right now.

OneMaulStepForMan

Stan Wickham (3)
2024 Gen Blue 1s

1. Leon Mason Bunton (Colts)
2. Max Meghar (Colts)
3. Edwin Langi (Colts)
4. Toby Brial (Scots)
5. Zion Poithia (Colts)
6. Sam Niuala (Colts)
7. Marshall Lemiatre (Shore)
8. Ollie Aboud (Waverley)
9. Ed Carter (Riverview)
10. Alex Conti (St Pats)
11. Tom Hartman (Riverview)
12. Max Donohoe (Mosman - Norths - Sydney)
13. Leo Jacques (Scots)
14. Finn Hannon (Joeys)
15. Mitch Woods (St Pats)

HM: Joe Walsh, Charlie Poynton, James Warner, Angus Grover
I've heard around that Max Donohoe has signed a 4 year sponsorship deal with Bundaberg. Can anyone confirm or am i getting my leg pulled?

Tonganbatman2554

Stan Wickham (3)
Speculations going around that Nick Raykayke coming back from a Hip-Flexor injury and should return for the 2024 season. His agility on and off the ball is unmatched and his perspicatious determination to win is an assest to the team.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hmmm, currently I've got SCOTS and SHORE coming in top 2, as majority of the current SHORE and SCOTS team will be playing again next year, i see VIEW coming in 3rd and followed by KINGS at 4th, JOEY's in 5th and NEWO coming at 6th.
Just my opinion, open to criticism, Cheers.
-Professor
Shore have 5 returning from the 1st XV