• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

early talk out of Scots the 1stXV props to start the season will be Joel Jacobs and Cooper Guerin. Locks for GPS 1sts will/should be Fonua (Kings), Baxter (Shore) or Bartlett (Scots). The above 12 will be Large (S). My predicted ladder will be:

1. Scots- Two new additions to the pack combined with a big mobile pack and fast, strong, talented backs.
2. Newington- If forwards can get some quality ball Rodwell and Humpries will be strong. Rodwell is a class player.
3. Joeys- They never turn out a bad 1stXV, they will work the joeys magic formula and be very competitive especially at home with the magic time clock that is never set too AEST.
4. Shore- Baxter and Marshall need big seasons to steer the Shore ship in the right direction.
5. Riverview- Hartman and Grover need big seasons, they don't have allot of returning 1stXV players from 2023.
6. Kings- Building apparently for 2025/2026 seasons with some very strong Gen Blue talent.
A magnificent summary from the MIC Rugby at Scot’s- or someone’s Dad.

RemainingInTheGame

Allen Oxlade (6)
Interesting that Scots is vsing two teams in one round, Round Robin type thing maybe? Will be good to see how the fixtures against Cranbrook play out.
If it's like last year, it's not round robin - but Scots 1st XV playing 1 schools 1st XV while the 2nd XV play the other schools 1st XV.

(This all just from the season fixture published on the school hub, I don't have any other knowledge beyond what was posted on the fixture list!)

RemainingInTheGame

Allen Oxlade (6)
I reckon if Tahs had their stuff together we'd see some trial games played as curtain raisers to the Tahs Super games during the trial period - especially some CAS v GPS school games.

I find it hard to believe the schools would say no to a run for their 1st XV at Allianz stadium during trial weeks.

Chugby Chris

Bob McCowan (2)
Do we see Y12 Scots boy Will Cannavo cracking into the 1st xv? Hes been tied up with the newcastle knights system since he was 13 and just resigned his contract til 2026, a strong backrower he is who knows his way around a footy. any opinions?

SIC will win the AAGPS in 2024 and 2025. There is - genuinely - only ONE good head coach in the AAGPS. And he can get the very best out of what he is given.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Do we see Y12 Scots boy Will Cannavo cracking into the 1st xv? Hes been tied up with the newcastle knights system since he was 13 and just resigned his contract til 2026, a strong backrower he is who knows his way around a footy. any opinions?
Cant see him beating Toby Brial as the No8 as Toby played Australian Schools and Under 18.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Apparently a brother of Joseph Sua'ali'i started at Shore this year. No idea if he's a footy player.