• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
I think it also shows the depth of schools, then again, maybe other teams get struck with injuries and another doesn't so it's unfair, but luck of the draw I guess. That's footy.
Its crazy to play 6/7 trial games to play 5 comp games, nowhere else in the world has this setup. 10 Rounds Home/Away was fantastic, lots of great rugby and anyone could beat anyone.

RushingRob

Chris McKivat (8)
Surprising to me the comments on here about Duddy not starting ng next year. Was solid in the scrums and showed great technical skills. Also I could see Filter starting to regain form in the latter part of the season. His potential is huge.
The props are really hard, with 4 really good front rowers.

I have heard that Cooper Guerin probably won't be in the front row next year due to his back.

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
Surprising to me the comments on here about Duddy not starting ng next year. Was solid in the scrums and showed great technical skills. Also I could see Filter starting to regain form in the latter part of the season. His potential is huge.
The days have gone where Props and Locks were ther just for scrummaging. If you look at the Boks, AB tight five they make 14 -15 tackles a match and have around 10-12 carries. The modern day tight five player has to have a high work rate. The game has changed completely with the introductions of Pod structures etc.

CasualObserver

Stan Wickham (3)
My ladder prediction and why I think it, prove me wrong.

1. Scots-most talented side on paper, 2x premiership winning coach and 95% of team playing together last year so experience and combinations
2. Newington- been in a rough patch and have very talented players, most have experience, just think they lack motivation and go-forward)
3/4 Riverview/Shore- For view, very good 16s team and have great combinations, lack experience as most are in year 11, and Shore will be very year 12 heavy but I think they lack in the backline.
5. Joeys, can never write them off but I don't know much about them as always, they're 16s sides coming last, not sure about them.
6. Kings, very, VERY year 12 heavy firsts this year and seconds and they won't be horrible, just don't see them beating the teams above them.

Looks like a very close year up ahead.

And for everyone asking here's my 2024 Scots 1XV.
1. Joel Jacobs/Tom Duddy
2. Elliot Sainford
3. Cody Clarke/Cooper Guerin
4. Finnlay Bartlett
5. Charlie Barber
6. Harry Gianatsous/Aston Weir
7. Charlie Ulcoq
8. Toby Brial
9. Geoff Hughes
10. Max Soepono
11. Aiden Gow
12. Onitoni Large
13. Zac Fittler
14. Jay McKenzie
15. Leo Jaques

Want to mention there are many talented backups, and other possibilities for the backline.

Watch out for SCOTS, Bloody hell I'm excited.
I'm not sure how relevant the form of the Joeys U16s is given that only a small few of them will actually be in the mix. Many had already been promoted or were injured.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I agree in part.

We get infatuated by the Prop with skills. I think this is a product of League more than Pods and various attacking shapes. They have always been done, coaches just change their names to sound like they have knowlege no one else does.

If you look at the U20s World Cup it’s clear you need set piece dominance or it’s all over. I’m if the opinion you can improve skills work over sheer physical dominance on the field. Gym work only does so much. Some players are beasts and it pays off.

Unicorns like Angus Bell aren’t the norm.

black and white

Frank Row (1)
If this season is anything to go by each school will need a core squad of 20-21 players for the 1sts. I think largely the team is 90% set with a few exceptions. Ontini at 10 would open up for possibly Ashton or Will "snowy" Johnson who has played well in the seconds.

1. Joel Jacobs
2. Cody Clarke
3. Cooper Guerin
4. Finn Bartlett
5. Charlie Barber
6. Charlie Ulqou
7. ?
8. Toby Brial
9. G Hughes/M Patterson
10. Ontini Large
11. Aidan Gow
12. Ashton/Will Johnson
13. Zachariah Fittler
14. Jay McKenzie
15. Leonardo Jacques
Thoughts on current 2nd xv 10 in year 11?

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm not sure how relevant the form of the Joeys U16s is given that only a small few of them will actually be in the mix. Many had already been promoted or were injured.
There are hardly any lads that played 16A's this year that will play 1's next year, probably 2 or 3 max. There was about 8 or 9 players that were either already promoted and or on the long term injured list and played nearly no footy that will be 100% in the mix. If you base predictions for next year on how the Joeys 16A's went you will probably be wide of the mark.

footyyhead

Frank Row (1)
MY PREDICTED SCOTS 1XV

1. Joel Jacobs: 1st-2nds
2. Harry Gianoutsos: 2XV
3. Cooper Guerin: 16A-1st
4. Finnlay Barttlet: 1st
5. Charlie Barber: 2nds
6. Gus Newman: 3rd
7. Charlie Ulcoq: 1st
8. Toby Brial: 1st
9. Geoffrey Hughes: 1st
10. Max Soepono: 2nds
11. Jay Mckenzie: 1st
12. Ontini large: 1st
13. Zach Fittler: 1st
14. Aidan Gow: 1st
15. Leo Jaques: 1st

HONOURABLE MENTIONS:
Tom Duddy: 1st
Elliot Rainfield: 3rd
Will Johnson: 2nds
Max Lavety: 16A-2nds

THOUGHTS
FH OUT....

Last edited:

RushingRob

Chris McKivat (8)
MY PREDICTED SCOTS 1XV

1. Joel Jacobs
2. Harry Gianoutsos
3. Cooper Guerin
4. Finnlay Barttlet
5. charlie barber
6. Gus Newman
7. Charlie Ulcoq
8. Toby Brial
9. Geoffrey Hughes
10. Max Soepono
11. Jay Mckenzie
12. Ontini large
13. Zach Fittler
14. Aidan Gow
15. Leo Jaques

HONOURABLE MENTIONS:
Tom Duddy
Elliot Rainfield
Will Johnson
Max Lavety

THOUGHTS
FH OUT....
Cooper Guerin isn't playing front row, my colleague has a son, I get all the information.

Footy head

Chris McKivat (8)
My predicted newington 1XV team 2024

1. Harrry Davies (16A)
2. Conor Costanzo (2xv)/ Buddy Latham(16A)
3. Flynn Clatworthy (2xv)/ Buddy Latham(16A)
4. Brooklyn Meehan*(2xv)/ Nathan Perkins(16A)
5. Cormac Mooney (16A)
6. Luca cleverly(1xv)
7. Dylan simmons(16A)/ Cooper Habler(2xv)
8. Jarrah Bell(2xv)
9. Cooper Hickey(1xv)
10. Matt Humphries(1xv)
11. Tallis Mcewan(1xv)
12. Callum Cratham(16A)
13. Heamasi Makasini(1xv)
14. Baxter warner(2xv)
15. Toby Rodwell(1xv)

Honorable mentions
Bailey Roberts-Lintmeijer
Tyson Price
Toby ashworth